Sensitive lump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sensitive lump

Hi, Im age 22 and I will be starting med school in august. While studying for the mcat this past summer I found a small lump about 3mm in front of my right epididymis. The structure is not very hard and can be bent but is solid. The best way i can describe it is an oblong shape coming out of the testicle about 2-3mm long. I do not have this structure on my left testicle and I am not sure if that lump has always been there. I have always done testicle exams but I never really checked towards the top of the testicle that well.

I do not have any scrotal swelling however if i examine the lump i become sensitive down there for a few days. If I stop touching it the pain goes away after a few days and doesnt come back until i examine it again. The pain is just a dull ache in the scrotum. The structure has not grown since i first recognized it back in august however this is only measured by touch.

My sister has stage 4 melanoma and is currently not doing well and I am still under my parents insurance so I do not want to do anything that will worry them so I generally dont want to go to the docs. I have had a few moles biopsy and I had two dysplastic nevus. If there are any other questions please ask if it will help with your advice.

You might want a doctor's opinion rather than just my guess, but this sounds like the appendix testis, "a small solid projection of tissue on the outer surface of the testis which is a remnant of the embryologic mullerian duct."
    Scott
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Working...
    X