Small lump has me worried....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small lump has me worried....

I have this small hard lump on the right thats smaller than a grain of rice, but shape of a ball, between the epididymis and vas deferens. I know it shouldn't be there cause I cant feel the same thing on the left side. Recently during the past 4 days it has been bothering me. It's been more sensitive than usual, but only becomes uncomfortable for a couple minutes if has been touched. I've had it since I was 16 I believe and have never bothered to get it checked because it isnt on the testicle and everyone tells me it wouldnt be TC. I'm 23 now, and I am beginning to question what it is again. I used to think it was a cyst.

Wondering if anyone could tell me for sure its not TC, or whether I should finally have it checked for piece of mind. Secondly can you go right to a urologist or do you need referal.

I can't imagine that it's testicular cancer if you've had it for seven years! Since it's bothering you, though, you really should talk to your doctor about it. Whether you need a referral to see a urologist depends on your health insurance plan. If it's an HMO, the answer is most likely yes. Other plan types have different rules.
    Scott, [email protected]
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

I thought that cancerous lumps could lie dormant for years before becoming a problem. Doesnt feel so bad now, as the sensitivity is tolerable now. Booked an appointment anyway just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Working...
      X