How fast does TC spread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast does TC spread?

I've been a moron. I've had TC symptoms for about five months in April. Now I'm coughing like mad when I breath in. I'm afraid it has spread to my lungs now. Im going to the doctor on monday but Im scared that it's too late . I feel bad all the time and im sleeping a lot.
    Last edited by MHossa; 04-01-06, 12:10 AM.

It's never too late!!!! If it is TC, and if there is metastasis to the lungs, it is still curable. Don't beat yourself up about waiting too long...what's in the past can't be changed. If you haven't done so yet to to tcrc.acor.org and read up so you can be prepared to ask questions on Monday. Let us know what the doc says. You've taken the first big step, one that seems really hard for so many guys to do. Be positive and focus on moving forward!! We are all here to help you through whatever it may be.
    Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

Welcome, MHossa, and best of luck with your upcoming appointment. What other symptoms are you experiencing that make you think it's testicular cancer?
      Scott, [email protected]
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

My right testicle is larger than my left and it is very hard and when these symptoms first started back in the beginning of November I had pain my testicle. Now around five months later I just haven't felt right in so long. I'm having a bit of trouble breathing a cough now and im just scared to death that im going to die over the weekend. I neglected telling my doctor because I figured whatever I had would go away. I haven't coughed up any blood though.

Comment

MHossa:
          Don't look back and worry about what you could have done. Move foward aggressively, if it is tc it's not too late. Here is the link for the question that Karen spoke about. http://tcrc.acor.org/quest.html
          Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

It's also possible that these symptoms aren't really linked. In any case, it's a good thing that you're seeing your doctor on Monday.
            Scott, [email protected]
            right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

I'm just terrified that whenever I am officially diagnosed a doctor will tell me that it's too late.

Comment

I can practically guarantee you won't hear that. Testicular cancer is treatable even in advanced cases.
                Scott, [email protected]

Comment

Also if it matters. I am only 16 years old. How bad would that hurt my survival chances?

Comment

As far as I know, being young only helps the body recover from treatment.
                    Scott, [email protected]

Comment

My parents just keep procrastinating and won't stop. Im 100% serious about all of this but my parents just think I am being paranoid. They wouldn't take me on Monday and I can't take myself because I do not have my license yet. Breathing is really a pain. I don't know if cancer is causing it or what. The breathing problem isn't waking me up at night but it isn't fun.

Im really scared and don't know what to do.

Comment

MHossa:
                        Do you think you could get your parents to at least talk to a doctor on the phone. Have them describe your symptoms to him and let him ask them to bring you in. Try and have the call made to a urologist.
                        Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

MHossa,
                          Do you have any friends that could take you? What about a bus? If I live close to you I would be more than happy to take you to the Dr. I hope you get checked...SOON!!!
                          Good luck and please keep us posted.

Comment

This is a problem that is very common amongst parents.

They think serious medical issues only happen to other people, and almost make you feel bad when you share your symptoms with them, making you feel like you're paranoid.

This is definately a bad attitude. Getting checked by a professional can only have benefits.

Also, keep in mind your overall sick feeling and coughing could all be caused by stress. I've felt unhealthy for quite a long time, a few years ago, and it was all caused by stress.

Stressing like you are can only make things worst. You need to relax, and just accept that whatever it is, you can only make the best out of it. While it's good to prepare yourself for the worst, it's also important not to become obsessed with it. There's no reason to stress yourself about having cancer until you get diagnosed with it. I'm also pretty sure that if it had hit metastatis that you would have more symptoms, though I'm not doctor nor an expert on the subject.

Another important thing to note is that, even if it were to be cancer, what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. People who defeat cancer often find themselves enjoying life much more. Even if it looks really bad, there's always a good side to things. Just tell yourself that whatever it is that affects you, if there is anything at all, that you will be strong and will crush anything that gets in your path to living a successful, happy life.

Anyway, the most important thing for you to do right now is to relax. It most probably isn't as bad as you think ; there is only a slim chance that it is actually cancer, though the mature thing IS to get checked. I also do not think that cancerous cells could cause such a painful cough. It's most probably a bronchitis or something of the sort ; how long ago have you started coughing?

The next thing to do is to try to put some pressure on your parents so that they get you checked. Tell them how much it stresses you, and that getting checked is the only way you will feel better. Do not try to fight what they tell you, even if they say you're being paranoid. Just tell them they are probably right but that you would really feel better if you got checked. If you want to give them a bigger kick, try to tell them that it affects your concentration in school.

Keep us updated! In the mean time, try to change your ideas. Go out, get some fresh air, party up a bit, and most importantly... relax.

Comment

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to drag one of your parents over to the computer while your on this site so they can read whats going on, your symptoms and how they are similar to the symptoms of TC and how scared you really are. If they don't take you to the DR soon then maybe you could go to the clinic/nurse/medic at school. They will get the ball rolling and either have you taken to the doctor or make an appiontment for you if they feel you really need to see a DR. either way it would force your parents to take you to the doctor. I can't understand why they havn't taken you yet.. Is there another family member close by that could take you or that you could talk to about this??? Maybe you could try that !!!! Best of luck! DON
                              Moffitt Cancer Institute
                              CANCER SUCKS
                              Diagnosed/Left I/O 9/18/2004--Non-Seminoma/Stage IIIC--3X B.E.P chemo--3X T.I.P. Salvage chemo---Abdominal [email protected] 34cmX 24.5cmX 17.5cm---4/19/2005 --RPLND/Left Kidney,8 1/2lb Abdominal tumor,42 nodes removed---7/16/2005 Remission/Surveillance---Severe Peripheral Neuropathy--

Comment

Working...
                              X