Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info

They found a mass on my sonogram about 3 weeks ago.
    My Urologist decided to go in and remove the mass from testicle and the pathology report came back as a Leydig cell tumor. She said that this means I am fine and just have to have a follow up sonogram with her in six months? Does this mean everything is ok? I can't seem to find much information on this type of tumor. Still in shock over the last 3 weeks.
    Thanks

anthony:
    Here is the definition for The Testicular Cancer resource Center.
    Sertoli Cell Tumor - Leydig cell tumors and Sertoli cell tumors are rare tumors of the testicle. While some of these tumors are malignant, pathologists are usually not able to determine if the tumor is malignant simply by looking at it. As a result, a radical orchiectomy is usually done and is curative without the need for further treatment.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Thanks Dadmo, hopefully that means I am going to be fine.

Comment

Hey

I had a similar rare tumor, a Sertoli cell in my left testicle. Had orchiectomy in 8/06. I have had surveillance since then and PET scans every 3 months. Many docs feel there is no need for such surveillance with Sertoli and Leydig cells, but my AFP has remained a little high and my doc felt we should watch it. Everything is negative for me almost a year form diagnosis. Only 10% I hear of Sertoli or Leydig cell tumors are malignant so chances are you will be good.

Comment

Working...
        X