Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried

Ok i noticed that i have a really tiny lump, i think, and i was wondering if it could be bad. It is located at the top of the testicle, but it is very hard to find. One day i took a shower, and noticed it. I was really worried so i waited for a few hours. When i checked again, i couldnt find it. Now i know right after the shower it was definately a lump, but i cant feel it anymore. I am unsure if i went to the doctor, i dont think they could find it. Is it normal for a lump to appear after a shower and then disapear?

Hello and Welcome
    First off T/C is very uncommon so the chances are very low that is what it is.
    My lump seemed to change size a little over time and the doctor said that can be normal as the cyst or tumor changes. I would guess that it is a cyst since that is what most of the small lumps that we feel are.
    I would do a complete exam and follow the instruction on this link http://www.tc-cancer.com/selfexam.html
    There is a lot of good reading on this site but if you are worried about it go in and see the doctor since they can put you mind at ease.
    Good Luck
    Brian
    5-1-2006 Right IO - Stage 1 Nonseminoma Embryonal and Yolk sac - Surveillance Baby on the way Born 7-20-07

Comment

But usually its not cancer if its on the top or bottom of testicle right?

Comment

It can be cancer any place on the testical Mine was toward the bottom
        Cancer is not something that is 100% one way that is why it is important to see the doctor if you have any questions as to what you are feeling during the self exam. Lumps and bumps on the testical are things that should be looked at by the doctor 100% of the time as stated on the self exam page.
        Brian
        5-1-2006 Right IO - Stage 1 Nonseminoma Embryonal and Yolk sac - Surveillance Baby on the way Born 7-20-07

Comment

Worriedperson1,
          It is probably not cancer, but if you are like me, the question of whether it is or not will continue to haunt you until you get a definitive answer. Don't put yourself through this. Make an appointment with your doctor, tell him about your concerns, and ask for an ultrasound referral. If it is cancer, then you are catching it at an early stage, and not putting things off like I did. The ultrasound is no big deal. They give you two towels, one to cover your penis and one to put under your family jewels. The technician comes back into the room spreads some goo on your testicles, does the scan, and you are off and running. The whole test takes about 15 minutes. I bet everything will come back totally AOK and you will be glad that you took control of the situation and put your worries to bed!
          Good luck!
          Brian
          Brian, [email protected]
          left inguinal orchiectomy 9/21/2005 > seminoma, stage IIC 12cm x 12cm retroperitoneal mass> 3XBEP completed 11/30/2005 > residual 9cm x 7cm mass removed 3/29/06. All necrotic tissue found > Surveillance

Comment

Working...
          X