Some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice.

Back in 1999 I had suspicions that i may have testicular cancer, But I never really did anything about it. I never went to see a doctor, and never told anyone about it. I was 13 then, and I will be turning 18 later this month.. So 5 years it has been since then.

However... It's been 5 years, and my right testicle still hurts. You would think I would have the intelligence to go get it checked out, but the last 3 years I have just blown it off, and didnt really care and just said to myself 'I dont have it', but.. I was told by my dad today that my brother (who lives in another state, and havent seen since probably 2001) had testicular cancer back in 2003, and it's almost 2005 (i guess they thought it wasnt important to tell me, who knows) So now i am really freaking out. My right testicle hurts, My left one feels fine, and also the right one sags down a little more then the left.. However when i feel it I dont really feel any bumps.

My main reason for not getting it checked out is just simply having to go in, and let some guy I dont know touch me, But i am really scared because its been hurting all these years, and my brother had it aswell...

So eh, Anyways my question is.. Since it's been almost 6 years if it was cancer wouldnt i be really sick right now?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Hearing now that your brother had testicular cancer over a year ago must be enough of a shock without wondering if you have it, too.

The odds that what you're feeling is cancer are pretty slim given how long it has been. However, whatever it is, you really do need to talk to a doctor. It's the only way to find out for sure.
    Scott, [email protected]
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Working...
    X