X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jremy0510
    • Jun 2006

Getting anxious...

Found a small (bb-sized) hard lump on my left testis about a month ago, and went to see a urologist. He told me it is most likely a fibroma on the tunica, and not to worry to much. We scheduled an ultrasound, which is coming up this Thursday. In the meantime, the epididymis (tubes and whatnot in the back) has swollen to about twice the size of the right testis, I've got a dull ache, and I'm getting worried. Plus, I looked up fibromas, and turns out they are very rare and it's even hard to find any mentions of them. Any thoughts? I feel like me nerves are going to be on edge all week.
  • Don
    • Jan 2005

I'm not aq doctor but to me it sounds like Epididymitis--basically an infection requiring roughly 7-10 days of medication in most cases...Your doing the right thing having the Ultrasound done.. Keep us posted on the results!!!! We will all have our fingers crossed for you... Good Luck!!!! DON
    Moffitt Cancer Institute
    CANCER SUCKS
    Diagnosed/Left I/O 9/18/2004--Non-Seminoma/Stage IIIC--3X B.E.P chemo--3X T.I.P. Salvage chemo---Abdominal Tumor@ 34cmX 24.5cmX 17.5cm---4/19/2005 --RPLND/Left Kidney,8 1/2lb Abdominal tumor,42 nodes removed---7/16/2005 Remission/Surveillance---Severe Peripheral Neuropathy--

Comment

• IowaBrian
      • Apr 2006

You have done the right thing by going to the doctor and getting the test.
      It sounds like it could be an infection which is a lot easier to deal with then some other things. Try not to worry Give the Uro a call and talk to the nurse they may want to bump up your ultrasound if you are having problems to be on the safe side. The nurses are a great resource since you can usually get a call back from them quick, try and get a doctor to call you back quickly that will be the day
      Good Luck
      Brian
      5-1-2006 Right IO - Stage 1 Nonseminoma Embryonal and Yolk sac - Surveillance Baby on the way Born 7-20-07

Comment

• Scott
        Administrator
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by jremy0510
        We scheduled an ultrasound, which is coming up this Thursday.
        We're eager to hear what you find out today. Good luck!
        Scott
        right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Working...
        X