dull pain for yrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dull pain for yrs

My right testicule has been tender for years. Nothing unbearable but I cannot take much of a tap here without hurting. Washing in the shower I do not rub too hard for the pain. No pain during sex or anything. I have self-examined many times and cannot locate anything. I visited a urologist about 5-6 yrs ago a few times for check-ups, urine samples, prostrate exams. etc... never had a testicular ultrasound. He gave my several month of antibotics and the pain did get better for a while but soon came back and has stayed.

Last week during a physical I told the DR I still did not feel good about having this pain and also had a dull ache in the right side of my back for about 2 yrs.I was sent to have a full abdominal ultrasound and the results show a small "something" polyp/cyst {idk} bulging from my gall bladder and even a smaller "something" less than 1mm from my right kidney. They said check again in 6 months.

I will visit the urologist again next week for another prostrate check and testicle exam. I am 36yrs old and now very worried that this is "something" that will be very bad news.

I was sent to have a full abdominal ultrasound and the results show a small "something" polyp/cyst {idk} bulging from my gall bladder and even a smaller "something" less than 1mm from my right kidney.
    It's time to be agressive. I would get to a doctor and find out exactly what those lumps are. They may be nothing but don't let the doctors give you this wait and see junk. Wait and see what? They did confirm you have something now make them find out what it is. Don't be nasty but be firm and find out what's wrong.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

I Agrree With Dadmo.. They Know Somethnig Is There, So Get It Checked. I Had Similiar Tenderness In The Testicals For Awhile Before Being Diagnosed. I'm Not Saying You Have It But I Would Get It Checked By Urologist!
      Lets Us Know,
      Brian
      diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

I wanted to follow-up and let everyone know what all has happened since I started this post.

I visited the urologist and he pretty much shook off any notion that this dull pain was of any concern since it had been there for several years. I pushed him to go ahead and set up an ultrasound. He did and a few days later I had this scan. It was not as bad as I had worried for many days so anyone dreading this test can rest at ease as far as the procedure itself because it was pretty much painless and over in a few minutes.

I got the test results back yesterday and nothing was found. The DR says that just the way it is and nothing he can do about the tenderness. I think he's a quack and must figure I want pain bills or something..but still the nut is sore and I think there's got to be a reason.

Thanks for all the help from thie site.

God Bless.

Comment

Working...
        X