Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I feeling tumor or swollen epididymis?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Am I feeling tumor or swollen epididymis?

    Just today I noticed the bottom of my right testicle felt harder than usual.

    At first I thought I was feeling a hard nub, but now that I've felt it more it feels like it might be the bottom (tail) of the epididymis I follow the epididymis upwards and the entire thing feels much larger than my left testicle's epididymis.

    Any chance there's a tumor at the tail of my right epididymis, and if not, then why is the whole right epididymis larger than on my left side? I feel no pain in my testicles and haven't felt different in any way.

    Thanks.

    - concerned jl212
    Last edited by jl212; 08-27-06, 11:35 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by jl212
    Just today I noticed the bottom of my right testicle felt harder than usual.

    At first I thought I was feeling a hard nub, but now that I've felt it more it feels like it might be the bottom (tail) of the epididymis I follow the epididymis upwards and the entire thing feels much larger than my left testicle's epididymis.

    Any chance there's a tumor at the tail of my right epididymis, and if not, then why is the whole right epididymis larger than on my left side? I feel no pain in my testicles and haven't felt different in any way.

    Thanks.

    - concerned jl212
    keeping in mind i'm no pro, you could have epididymitis, which is a swelling or inflammation of the epididymis. it could also be normal for you. it doesn't sound like a tumor to me if you're find it to be part of the epididymis. however, you should have this looked at by a urologist if you are worried about it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by midka
      keeping in mind i'm no pro, you could have epididymitis, which is a swelling or inflammation of the epididymis. it could also be normal for you. it doesn't sound like a tumor to me if you're find it to be part of the epididymis. however, you should have this looked at by a urologist if you are worried about it.
      but isn't pain a symptoms of epididymitis ? I'm experiencing no pain at all. Perhaps this is a cyst at the tail of the epididymis that I've read about on this forum.

      In any event, I will be making an appointment with urologist today. Thanks for your reply.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jl212
        but isn't pain a symptoms of epididymitis ? I'm experiencing no pain at all. Perhaps this is a cyst at the tail of the epididymis that I've read about on this forum.

        In any event, I will be making an appointment with urologist today. Thanks for your reply.
        you're right, pain is usually a symptom. you are doing the right thing by getting it checked out. let us know how it goes.

        Comment


        • #5
          Make sure to get a doctor to look at it, but if the "lump" is not in or on the testicle itself it is not TC. Take a look at this link it may help you in your examination. http://tcrc.acor.org/tcexam.html If you go to the home page http://tcrc.acor.org/ you may be able to find other useful info, it is a great site. Hope all goes well-- keep us updated.
          TC 1
          Right I/O-- 12-5-00 (seminoma, teratoma, embryonal, yolk sak)
          RPLND-- 12-29-00 (All Clear)
          Surveillance
          Recurrence-- 4-22-01 (3 mets in right lung-- biggest 3cm, small met on pancreas, one lymph node enlarged-- 2x normal)
          Chemotherapy-- started 4-30-01, 3xBEP
          Surveillance
          TC 2
          Left I/O-- 7-19-06 (seminoma)
          Hormone replacement therapy-- Androgel
          Surveillance

          Jeremiah 29:11
          Listen to Bob Marley

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ras Joe
            Make sure to get a doctor to look at it, but if the "lump" is not in or on the testicle itself it is not TC. Take a look at this link it may help you in your examination. http://tcrc.acor.org/tcexam.html If you go to the home page http://tcrc.acor.org/ you may be able to find other useful info, it is a great site. Hope all goes well-- keep us updated.
            Thanks, makes me feel better. This feels like it's at the end of the epididymis as I mentioned earlier. I think I can feel the same thing in the left testicle, only much smaller.

            Comment

            Working...
            X