Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biopsy question

Hi,

This is Srini, after my visit to Urologist today I seem to have more questions, would like share with you. Urologist mentioned that after my testcular MRI on Monday, depending on the results he has to do surgical biopsy, I am wondering what it is, do they take a sample of testicle?, how do they do it?

From readings on the forums, it sems like it is a norm if a mass is solid Doc takes testicle out to see if it cancer (is this correct), but if it is not they put it back. I generally thought organs are removed only if the cancer is found, it doesn't sound fair to remove an organ to see if it is cancer or not.

I also have found many memebrs mentioning "visted GP" a lot on the forums, what is GP?

I will appreciate your help

Regards,
    Srini
    Last edited by srini; 09-18-06, 06:12 PM.
    Srini
    Weston, Florida
    Diagnosed with solid mass in my right testicle.

Hello
    The doctors will do an ultrasound or some type of scan to see if the mass is solid or fluid filled. If solid they will take out the testicle and send it off to the lab to see if or what kind of cancer it is. The only way they would put it back is if the doctor was 100% sure that what he is looking at isn't cancer but mine said that was very very very rare and not to expect it.
    The GP is just your Family doctor.

Here are some links to help you out if you have any other questions ask away.
    Brian
    5-1-2006 Right IO - Stage 1 Nonseminoma Embryonal and Yolk sac - Surveillance Baby on the way Born 7-20-07

Comment

Originally posted by srini
      I also have found many memebrs mentioning "visted GP" a lot on the forums, what is GP?
      GP = general practitioner
      Scott, [email protected]
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Thanks

Hi IowaBrian,

Thank you for the answer and all the helpful links, I am going thru them to gather as much info as possible. I have to wait till coming Monday for MRI, hopefully things will be fine.

Thanks Scott for clarification.

Regards,
        Srini
        Srini
        Weston, Florida
        Diagnosed with solid mass in my right testicle.

Comment

Working...
        X