Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first visit to Urologist

Hi Friends,

Just want to post what happend at my vist. He felt the right testicle and told me there is a solid mass. Had 2nd utlrasound done which showed a mass. And had following blood tests done.

ALPHA FETOPROTEIN BL
    HCG QUANTITATIVE
    LD LACTATE DEHYDRO
    COMP METABOLIC PANEL
    COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT_*FL

And vist summary report says - MALE GENITAL DIS NEC [608.89], whatever that means

I hope I am having all the correct tests and going in the right direction.
    Srini
    Weston, Florida
    Diagnosed with solid mass in my right testicle.

Have the doctor's talked to you about a treatment plan. The next step should be to remove the tumor.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

hi

Dadmo,

Nope, he hasn't told me it is TC or not yet. I am seeing him on Tuesday 3rd to discuss test results, may be that time he will tell me the treatment, surgery etc.
      Srini
      Weston, Florida

Comment

Good luck with the follow up but don't be surprised if he wants to remove one of the boys.
        Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Sounds like surgery should be sooner then later keep us posted.
          5-1-2006 Right IO - Stage 1 Nonseminoma Embryonal and Yolk sac - Surveillance Baby on the way Born 7-20-07

Comment

Hi Srini

As others have said,sounds like you are headed into surgery.
            Trust me when I say,the surgery to remove the teste is not that big a deal. BTW....my Urologist told me that "most" solid masses of the testicle end up being cancer. It is however, a VERY curable disease in most cases.

Let us know the outcome of your blood work.

Best Wishes
            Dec/04-Right I/O-nonseminoma (95%E/C),Stage 1, surveillance
            Nov/05- 2.2 cm lymph node= Stage II A
            Nov/05 -Jan/06-3 x BEP
            Jan/06 -Surveillance

Comment

Hi

Thank you all, I will post what happens at tomorrow's visit, I am mentally prepared to let one of my boys go
              Thank you for all the inputs and support.
              Last edited by srini; 10-02-06, 05:24 PM.
              Srini
              Weston, Florida

Comment

Best of luck my fellow Floridian!!!!!
                Moffitt Cancer Institute
                CANCER SUCKS
                Diagnosed/Left I/O 9/18/2004--Non-Seminoma/Stage IIIC--3X B.E.P chemo--3X T.I.P. Salvage chemo---Abdominal [email protected] 34cmX 24.5cmX 17.5cm---4/19/2005 --RPLND/Left Kidney,8 1/2lb Abdominal tumor,42 nodes removed---7/16/2005 Remission/Surveillance---Severe Peripheral Neuropathy--

Comment

good luck tomorrow! gain as much info as possible and listen. they will throw alot at you. but one thing to remember......its curable! best of luck!
                  my thoughts and prayers,
                  Brian
                  diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

Working...
                  X