Worried wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried wife

Hope someone can advise - let me tell you the history - my husband is a hairdresser and is on his feet for approx 10hrs a day standing. About 10yrs ago he started getting a dull ache in his left testicle which also went into his buttock this would come on in winter time and last for a about a month or so and then go completely. We did on one occaison go to Dr's, they checked and gave antibiotics but as before it just went away, this ache has continued on and off (more off than on) since then. Anyway, just before xmas it started again and when my husband checked himself he thought he felt something on the bottom of his left testicale (he said it felt like a vein) I felt it but it moved very easily. I made him go to the Dr's. He also said that after he ejaculates the ache increases. The Dr gave his testes a full examination and confirmed that they were both normal and what he and I felt was the epididyrmus (sorry spelling) and that the ache could be varicocele. She said that to reassure she woud request a ultrasound - my husband told her we have private ins. so should we use it to get it quicker, she replied that if she had any doubt that it was TC, she would have it done today. End of essay. Has anyone ever had this before. Should we push to have the ultrasound done quicker or should we trust the Dr.

I think you husband will be fine. It does sound as if what your feeling is the epididymis. How long did the doctor say you would have to wait? The doctor did the right thing scheduling an ultrasound but you shouldn't need to use your private insurance unless it makes you feel better to have it over with.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Thanks Dadmo, the Dr said it could be 6 - 8 weeks before we get an ultrasound. The ache my husband has got is slowly improving - he has started wearing more supportive underwear - but he still has a tenderness just where we thought we found the lump (epidermus, the Dr called it). My husband is happy to wait as he's convininced it is nothing as he has had this problem for so long - I am a born worrier and would rather get it done now.

Comment

I don't think your husband has cancer but 6-8 weeks is a very long time. Are you in the U.S.?
        Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

No we are in the UK. Again when my husband mentioned the timewait she said that if she had any concern she would refer him straightaway.

Comment

Again I don't think you have a problem but if you notice any changes call the doctor. Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
            X