No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Epididymo-orchitis

    When I first noticed my right enlarged testicle, I went to ER and the ultrasound shows that I have Epididymo-orchitis.

    5 days later, I went to a urologist and his ultrasound test shows that there is solid mass which could be either orchitis or cancer...he said that he thinks that it is not orchitis because there is no Epididymitis (but he suggested that the antibiotic I have been taking for the past 5 days could cured the Epididymitis!!!! He said that I should wait further 5 days and continue taking the antibiotic before taking the surgery appraoch!

    what do you think?

  • #2
    Five days isn't that long to wait so if give a try. Just remember that the only way to determine the composition of a solid mas is to examine it directly, which would mean that the testicle has to come out.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

    Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.


    • #3
      thank you

      Thank you, dadmo

      I guess I will wait this period. it is frustrating however to wait! I am checking the swollen testicle every 2 hours...sometime, I see that it is smaller, but sometime I notice it the same!


      • #4

        thank you Rover.

        difficult to wait but will do. what about the surgery (next step). how difficult is it? shall \i be extremly careful in choosing and searching for the doctors who will do it? I heard removing the testicle is not difficult, but what about returning it if there is nothing there?