TC Ultrasound question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Ultrasound question

In August, I posted here about having some pain in the testicular region. I went to my physician, she ordered an ultrasound, which came back negative.

I've still been having some pain in that area. Nothing serious, just some discomfort.

In doing the self-exam now, I swear I feel some type of hard structure on my left testicle. It is very, very small, and I can barely feel it at all. It's much smaller than the size of a bb.

My question is, does my ultrasound from 8 months ago cover this? Or do I need to get another one?

I also should mention that I do have anxiety disorder which has apparently manifested itself in hypochondriasis. I worry constantly about different diseases. This is driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last August, you posted, "She also told me that I should keep the appointment with the urologist if I'm still having the pain." Have you been?
    Scott, [email protected]
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Well

I never went to the urologist, as the pain subsided after the negative ultrasound, and as a student, my insurance doesn't pay for much.

It's difficult for me because I have had all sorts of tests in the last 1-2 years, and everytime they are negative, the pain or sensations go away. I was having severe chest pains, went to my doctor and after a checkup, I didn;t have the chest pains again. I was having weird, dizzy sensations in my head, and after the MRI was negative, I didn't have that problem again.

In the last year I have had:
      1. ultrasound for lumps in my chest - negative
      2. ultrasound for tc - negative
      3. MRI for brain tumor - negative
      4. MRI for pituitary tumor - negative, but endo told me that 30% do not
      show up on MRI and that bloodwork alone was indicative of a pituitary tumor. The research I did proved him correct as well.
      5. Bloodwork for hormones - indicated pituitary tumor.

My last blood tests showed slightly low testosterone and high prolactin. The endocrinologist told me I have a pituitary tumor and put me on Dostinex, which is supposed to shrink the tumor, thereby lowering prolactin, thereby raising testosterone.

Yes, I have been depressed for about 2 years now, and I also have anxiety/panic disorder. No one believes me now when I tell them something is painful. But, I really do feel the pain. I am scared to go to my doc, as I'm afraid she is just thinking to herself, "Here he comes again."

Sorry to bother you with all this, but I am working on it. I am working very hard, actually. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by oscarzeta
        What about bloodwork for tumor markers (HCG, AFP, LDH)?
        "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
        11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
        12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

I haven't had those done. My doc thought the ultrasound was enough, I suppose. I did have bloodwork to confirm the presence of the pituitary tumor, but I'm not sure if that relates to TC or not.

I obviously have a great deal of health anxiety. For the last 2 years, I have thought I've had every disease known to mankind. It's something I'm working on.

Comment

Originally posted by oscarzeta
            I never went to the urologist, as the pain subsided after the negative ultrasound, and as a student, my insurance doesn't pay for much.

It's difficult for me because I have had all sorts of tests in the last 1-2 years, and everytime they are negative, the pain or sensations go away. I was having severe chest pains, went to my doctor and after a checkup, I didn;t have the chest pains again. I was having weird, dizzy sensations in my head, and after the MRI was negative, I didn't have that problem again.

In the last year I have had:
            1. ultrasound for lumps in my chest - negative
            2. ultrasound for tc - negative
            3. MRI for brain tumor - negative
            4. MRI for pituitary tumor - negative, but endo told me that 30% do not
            show up on MRI and that bloodwork alone was indicative of a pituitary tumor. The research I did proved him correct as well.

My last blood tests showed slightly low testosterone and high prolactin. The endocrinologist told me I have a pituitary tumor and put me on Dostinex, which is supposed to shrink the tumor, thereby lowering prolactin, thereby raising testosterone.

Yes, I have been depressed for about 2 years now, and I also have anxiety/panic disorder. No one believes me now when I tell them something is painful. But, I really do feel the pain. I am scared to go to my doc, as I'm afraid she is just thinking to herself, "Here he comes again."

Sorry to bother you with all this, but I am working on it. I am working very hard, actually. What do you think?
            I think you should go to a urologist.
            Stage III. Embryonal Carcinoma, Mature Teratoma, Choriocarcinoma.
            Diagnosed 4/19/06, Right I/O 4/21/06, RPLND 6/21/06, 4xEP, All Clear 1/29/07, RPLND Incisional Hernia Surgery 11/24/08, Hydrocelectomy and Vasectomy 11/23/09.

Please see a physician for medical advice!

My 2013 LiveSTRONG Site
            The 2013 Already Balders

Comment

Working...
            X