Painful Lump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painful Lump

Hey everyone, I've had a pea size lump on the top backside of my right testicle for about 6 years now. I know that sounds like a long time, but I've never had health insurance, and have always told myself it's nothing to worry about. It doesn't really feel like it's "attached" to the testicle, it feels more like it's "kind of on" the testicle. I don't know if that makes sense. Also, it's painful when I slightly squeeze it. It's always been painful when squeezed (not touched), and I don't think it's ever really gotten too much bigger in the 6 years I've noticed it. I do occasionally get some discomfort down there from time to time, but it's very seldom. I have finally made an appointment with a doctor... and I still don't have health insurance, but I figure a couple hundred bucks to get it checked out is well worth my life. What do you all think?

I'll be very surprised if, after six years, this turns out to be cancer, but I'm glad you're getting it checked out. Let us know what you hear.
    Scott
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Hey Knox...welcome!

You are doing the right thing by getting it checked out. If nothing else...it's money well spent on peace of mind. If something does come of it...hopefully it is still in the beginning stages. I think the fact it has stayed the same size after 6 years is encouraging...but as any TC victim will say...nothing is certain.

You have most definitely taken a step in the right direction, though. Keep us posted!
      Brett, Stage IIIB Non-Seminoma Extra-Gonadal Germ Cell Tumor 7/12/06, 4xBEP 7/31/06 - 10/17/06, enlarged retroperitoneal lymph nodes found 5/22/07, bi-lateral RPLND and Left I/O 6/05/07, 2xVIP 7/16/07 - 8/11/07, spot on spleen found 9/13/07 - DOH!, PET scan sked 10/29/07

Comment

Thank you so much Scoot and Navy for such a quick response. The only thing I'm really worrying about now is the pain I get. If I squeeze it too hard it feels like I got kicked down there. It's been like that for as long as I remember. Whatever it is, that's definitely not normal.

Comment

How much of a squeeze are we talking about? My urologist gave me a pre-op exam this morning and it was a little uncomfortable when she was feeling around the testicles. It wasn't a "kick in the going" pain...but a little painful nonetheless.
          Brett, Stage IIIB Non-Seminoma Extra-Gonadal Germ Cell Tumor 7/12/06, 4xBEP 7/31/06 - 10/17/06, enlarged retroperitoneal lymph nodes found 5/22/07, bi-lateral RPLND and Left I/O 6/05/07, 2xVIP 7/16/07 - 8/11/07, spot on spleen found 9/13/07 - DOH!, PET scan sked 10/29/07

Comment

I don't really know how to explain how much of a squeeze into text... but uhmmm.... it doesn't take too much pressure. Enough pressure to roll the lump between my fingers gives me a slight "kicking" pain.

Comment

Hmmm...definitely worth checking out. Hopefully it isn't anything serious. Keep us posted and fire away with any other questions you might have!

Comment

I had a non-changing, pea-sized lump on the top of my left testicle for almost 8 years, which the doctor later told me was a hardened calcium deposit. I always had a slight fear that it was TC, but it ended up being benign. Mine wasn't painful though.

If it makes you feel any better, about 3 summers ago I was sitting in bed awake thinking about it, and decieded to call the American cancer society just to see what they though. They told me that the likelihood of an unchanging lump for such a long time was most likely not cancerous, but there is always a small chance. It's great u are getting checked!

Bobby
                4/26/07 - mass confirmed w/ no elevated markers
                4/27/07 - left I/O
                5/2/07 - Dx: 100% seminoma stage 1A
                Surveillance: CT/blood (6 month cycle)
                4/27/13 - 6 years cancer free!

Comment

Thanks so much for the reply / info, fuse. It means a lot to me!!

Comment

I'm excited to say I have my appointment with the Doc tomorrow morning! It's been held off for far too long, I'll update you all with the news when I get it. Thanks again for all the support, it's really helped me a lot, you folks are absolutely wonderful!

Comment

Good luck dude! If nothing else, it will at least be a huge weight off your shoulders!
                      4/27/07 - left I/O

Comment

Good luck at the doctors.
                        Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Well, I just got back from the doctors office, and thankfully he doesn't think it's cancer. He feels it's a swollen epididymis. I haven't had any symptoms to lead me to believe that it's epididymitis, so that was ruled out. He told me I may have it forever, and that it's nothing serious. So anyone out there that has a similar situation, please go get it check out, but let yourself know that just because there's a lump, doesn't always mean cancer. Thanks again for all your support!

Comment

Glad to hear you are in good shape!
                            4/27/07 - left I/O

Comment

Working...
                            X