Orh today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orh today!

Righty goes back home for good today I hope they give me enough pain meds for the week, I'll keep everyone posted on the path results, pray for me.

Don't worry !
    Usually the pain is not strong and stays max 1 day after surgery.
    Of course you need to have pain meds just in case.

Comment

I'll certainly be thinking about you today. Good luck.
      Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

I will be thinking of you too! Good luck, I hope it goes well and you are up and around soon!
        Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
        Current DVT
        Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

Yo dude,
          Best of luck today. Make sure you get lots of rest, and don't overdo it with the pain meds. They'll come in handy, but too much of them will give you nasty constipation... and you definitely don't want to strain. Keep us posted!
          "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
          11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
          12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

It'll be fine. Frozen bags of peas make terrific ice packs, use you palm to put pressure on the incision if you cough, laugh, sneeze etc. Try not to use the pain meds unless you really need them vs Tylenol/Advil because, as Fed said, the narcotics will stop you up and straining for a BM will not be pleasant. Add a little warm prune juice (yummmm) or stool softeners (not laxatives) to your daily routine if needed. Move around as best you can to reduce adhesions. If you have after effects from the anaesthesia drink lots of fluids and flush your system out.

Getting the primary tumor out is a BIG step to a cure...and sometimes the only one needed. Please post the path reports when you get them. Waiting for those results is hard, and we're all here to help you and ease your fears.
            Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

As you will already know by the time you read this, the surgery really isn't all that bad. I remember feeling a lot more comfortable in a recliner days 2 and 3 than laying around in bed.....maybe it will be the same for you.
              Also, in line with what everyone is saying about the pain meds.....I only took them before bed nights 1, 2 and 3 to fall asleep easier. I didn't feel the need to take any meds durring the day........I just grinned and beard it with a few ice packs......haha. I guess that is what years of contact sports does to a body!

Bobby
              4/26/07 - mass confirmed w/ no elevated markers
              4/27/07 - left I/O
              5/2/07 - Dx: 100% seminoma stage 1A
              Surveillance: CT/blood (6 month cycle)
              4/27/13 - 6 years cancer free!

Comment

orch done

Orch done yesterday...wasn't bad at all, chest x-rays were negative and today I'm actually feeling quite well, for lack of any class, I woke up this morning with the typical guy thing and have never been so excited about that in my life! My function was my main concern, I will keep everyone posted on the more important things as they come down the line, thanks everyone..Ciao

Comment

Hahahaha........I'm glad the surgery went so well, and congrats on your morning accomplishment!

Bobby
                  4/26/07 - mass confirmed w/ no elevated markers
                  4/27/07 - left I/O
                  5/2/07 - Dx: 100% seminoma stage 1A
                  Surveillance: CT/blood (6 month cycle)
                  4/27/13 - 6 years cancer free!

Comment

Working...
                  X