Unsure 17 Year Old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsure 17 Year Old.

All right. There some sort of lump, but it could just be the spermatic cord. Is the spermatic cord actually attached to the testicle(s)? How can I identify it? How thick is the cord? Also, can a testicular cancer lump be long vertically, rather than be an actual lump? I don't know. I am insanely paranoid. Any answers would be appreciated.

Hi, sorry you are feeling so anxious. First of all, the signs can vary from person to person. But most experts say that it should feel like a pea sized lump under the skin. Some people notice the entire testicle is hard, like a golf ball under the skin. It sounds like you are feeling the cord...but always get anything that concerns you checked by a doctor. Let us know how you are.

Best of luck to you!
    Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
    Current DVT
    Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

Okay. Well, that relieves me. Is it normal for one of the spermatic cords to be larger. I think that's what it is.

Comment

one testicle is usually larger than the other in a normal man, so I assume he plumbing would be larger as well.

Bobby
        4/26/07 - mass confirmed w/ no elevated markers
        4/27/07 - left I/O
        5/2/07 - Dx: 100% seminoma stage 1A
        Surveillance: CT/blood (6 month cycle)
        4/27/13 - 6 years cancer free!

Comment

Originally posted by caseydavid
          Also, can a testicular cancer lump be long vertically, rather than be an actual lump?
          It sounds as though you could be talking about the epididymis, a normal part of the testicle.
          Scott, [email protected]
          right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Working...
          X