Small concern..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small concern..

Hello ill just be brief as i would like to withhold as much as my personal life story as possible, but just recently ive been alittle worried about my testicles. About a month ago i had a twitching muscle in my upper right groin - after a game of soccer. Im quite prone to injuries so i didnt think much of this one but after awhile i suspected it was a hernia. After a physio appointment it was realised it wasnt, and it just was a simple pull. Whats this got to do with anything you ask ? It was here when my questions began.

Because i was using heat packs etc. in the crease of my groin, my scrotum was going under alot of heat. Over time i started imagining pain there and then obviously the physcological effect kicked in - i started obsessing. 1 month later now im checking regularly, and it feel lump like things on the back of both testicles. The thing is, they move when i push on them, there soft and they dont hurt when i do. What is this ? There are no stiff lumps, just little things that move easily when i touch them.

Also, this may be physcological too, but i feel uncomfortable sometimes in the left lower abdominal area, i suspect, my small intestines. Is there any linking between testicular cancer and that ?

Finally ive noticed my left testcle is quite larger than my right, and sometimes it just barely fits into my scrotum - mostly in winter. Is this of concern ?

All this and more, i hope can be answered Thankyou for listening

I can't answer your questions, because I am not a doctor, but I always tell people that find their way here to this forum, to get checked by a doctor. Explain all the concerns you have and he will be able to address if there is anything going on. First of all, getting checked by a doc never hurts you...and secondly, it sounds like you could use some piece of mind. Let us know what you decide.
    Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
    Current DVT
    Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

I have read that introducing the testicles to a lot of heat can cause short-term issues with fertility, but I don't know that it can cause TC. Your testicles may be tender from checking for lumps all the time.......leave them alone for a few days and see if the pain goes away.

It doesn't sound like you have TC, but I strongly recommend that you get checked out by your doctor just to be on the safe side. It will ease your mind, if nothing else.

Bobby
      4/26/07 - mass confirmed w/ no elevated markers
      4/27/07 - left I/O
      5/2/07 - Dx: 100% seminoma stage 1A
      Surveillance: CT/blood (6 month cycle)
      4/27/13 - 6 years cancer free!

Comment

Hi

squirrel
        Just go to the doctor.
        Urologists are pretty good about these things in testicle.
        You will know what is the situation. Simple touch and eventually
        one harmless and easy ultrasound test, that's all.
        For me, it doesn't seem to be TC, but again, go to check it!

Comment

Thankyou for your replies. They went a long way and ill be going to see my doctor very soon. Just another questions though. Are all testicular cancers attached directly to the tesicles, or can they be found floating around the scrotum ?

Comment

TC is attached to or inside of the testicle.
            4/26/07 - mass confirmed w/ no elevated markers
            4/27/07 - left I/O
            5/2/07 - Dx: 100% seminoma stage 1A
            Surveillance: CT/blood (6 month cycle)
            4/27/13 - 6 years cancer free!

Comment

Working...
            X