No announcement yet.

Worried about complicated problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your husband is in the age range where the seminoma is the more common tumor type. The vast majority of seminomas are negative for tumor markers.

Your doc seems to be on some kind of power trip. Your husband is entitled to his records. Please get them ASAP and go to another urologist. Again, I would keep records of calls made and things said. If the word tumor is written on a report, even with a "?' by it, the doc is being grossly negligant in not following up
    Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

Seriously, you need to be persistent. Do whatever it takes to get the records, and like I said before, if necessary, start over. Hopefully it won't come to that, and they'll fork out the data. Just don't let the time pass by... keep at it so your husband gets the treatment if he needs it.
      Last edited by Fed; 10-04-07, 01:02 PM. Reason: corrected spelling mistake
      "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
      11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
      12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Please, listen to this group. Get a second opinion now. I was initially mis-diagnosed. I had no tumor markers. The Seminoma I had was allowed to grow 3 months while the original idiot I saw would just throw me cipro. Please, GET OUT OF DODGE.
        I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fed
          if necessary, start over.
          You have a tough/weird situation going on with this doctors office, but I think your solution is clear. Just to go another urologist, specifically one that specializes on TC, and start over. Then ask your new doctor to get your records. A phone call from say a Dr. Einhorn or Sheinfeld will get them moving, that I'm sure of.

The US report is really the critical document, can you get that from the imaging center?
          Stage III. Embryonal Carcinoma, Mature Teratoma, Choriocarcinoma.
          Diagnosed 4/19/06, Right I/O 4/21/06, RPLND 6/21/06, 4xEP, All Clear 1/29/07, RPLND Incisional Hernia Surgery 11/24/08, Hydrocelectomy and Vasectomy 11/23/09.

Please see a physician for medical advice!

My 2013 LiveSTRONG Site
          The 2013 Already Balders

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎