• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise please, I have hit a dead end.

Hey how are you all.

Where should I start, the beginning seems the best place:
    (This is all concerning the lefty)

Aged 12 I noticed a lump on the end of my epididymis and of course I was extremely worried, I'm a worrier (Not to be mistaken with a warrior) you see and for months I was scared stiff, however over the course of a year or two I found recources on the internet that told me testicular cancer had to be connected to the testicle and light couldn't be shone through it, perhaps it was stupid of me but that served as a diagnosis.

Aged 13, I noticed a small lump on the testicle itself, yet again I begin to worry, after months of convincing myself it wasn't cancer I finally told my mum. She told me that my brother had been to the doctors with the same thing and they said it was completely normal, when your 13 and your mum tells you there is nothing to worry about and it's cpmpletely normal you take her word for it, diagnosis 2.

For the next year or so I worry about it but only when there is nothing else to worry about in my life, it serves as a little niggle in the back of my mind.

I'm 16 now and I haven't dropped dead yet (No idea how long it would take, but I certainly don't think i'm on my last legs *fingers crossed*). Two weeks ago I went to the doctors to get it checked out and he said everything was completely fine and I should stop worrying so much, the thing that concerns me is the fact he mentioned other cysts near my testicle but I don't remember him mentioning the one that I was concerned about.

So...The internet, my mum and a doctor have all said everything is fine...What on Earth do I do next without looking like an idiot?

Questions:

1) I know I probably shouldn't talk like this..But if it was cancer..and I had it for 4 years..would I "know" by now if it was cancer or not? Would my body be doing other things?

2) The doctor did two cough tests on my, on either side of the pubis and one slightly higher up on the chest, what were these for?

3) Can you have a benign growth on the testicle itself?

4) Would the lump be completely attatched to the testicle and rounded?

Description on the lump:

The lump is on the top right of the left testicle quite near where the epididymis attatches (I think thats the right one..It's the single tube..not the bunch of little one at the other end..). The lump is only firmly attatched at one end where as the other appears to be attatched by some form of membrane (unless the testicle has become so diseased that the membrane I am feeling is deflated testicle). I can fit my finger and thumb between the lump and the testicle at the top end of the lump but at the lower end it is attatched the the testicle. The lump itself is reasonably hard...it can only really be felt with a pinching motion..if I simply run a finger over that area it doesn't jut out too much.

Sorry..i'm rambling a bit..bad habit. Erm..well I was wondering if you coudl shed some light on the situation and answer my questions .

Oh! And what your doing with this site is great!

Thanks!

Maybe you should request that your Doctor order an Ultrasound so you can be almost 100% sure you are cancer free and get the monkey off your back!!!!
    Moffitt Cancer Institute
    CANCER SUCKS
    Diagnosed/Left I/O 9/18/2004--Non-Seminoma/Stage IIIC--3X B.E.P chemo--3X T.I.P. Salvage chemo---Abdominal [email protected] 34cmX 24.5cmX 17.5cm---4/19/2005 --RPLND/Left Kidney,8 1/2lb Abdominal tumor,42 nodes removed---7/16/2005 Remission/Surveillance---Severe Peripheral Neuropathy--

Comment

I was wondering if someone could answer my questions also, thanks

Comment

Working...
      X