Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erm. Dunno what's goin on!

I'm 15.

On Saturday I started feeling a pain in my left testicle. I couldn't sit properly and got winded too because the pain was so strong.

I informed my mum and she booked me for the doctors today! However, I didn't want some doctor poking around with my manhood if nothing was wrong so told my mum that it's better now.

Well, it's not. I've had this pain all wekk. My left testicle hangs more than the other one and there's a weird feeling that I can't describe. I haven't checked for lumps or anything as of yet.

Anyone know what to do?

Yes, and so do you. Tell your mother it's not better after all and have the doctor check it out. Also, follow this link for self-examination instructions. Keep us posted.
    Scott
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

If you poke around through this site you'll see lots of posts from young guys either afraid to tell their parents or afraid to be examined. You already took 2 big steps....realizing something's not as it should be, and telling your mum. Doctors examine the "manhood" of every male they see for a physical. To them it's just another body part. You've shown maturity in what you've done so far...please follow up with the appointment.
      Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

Going doctors today. So nervous.

Comment

Wise decision. I know it's incredibly frightening....but remember TC is rare and most importantly it is HIGHLY curable. Please post after your appointment. Make sure you and/or your mom push for an ultrasound if one isn't ordered. It's quick and painless and will best tell what's going on. We're behind you....you'll be fine.
          Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

I'm relieved to hear it. Good job! Let us know what you find out.
            Scott
            right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Just got back. Wasn't nothing to be nervous about because it only took about 3 minutes. He said I had something beginning with S at the front and back of the left one. Gave me some tablet for em and said it might be just an infection.

Comment

Oh also, just to say thanks Scott & Karen for your advice/help.

Comment

It may have sounded like an "s" but the word was probably cyst. That's good news but keep up those monthly checks.
                  Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Yeah, I think that was it. It said it's only minor anyway!

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Working...
                      X