No announcement yet.

I want to raise awareness, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to raise awareness, please help!

Hello
    My name is Sarah Cowing and I have recently begun an A level Health and Social Care course. For one of my units I need to run a health campaign. I have decided to do a poster campaign at my local high schools, I hope to raise awareness and give information on how to check for testicular cancer.
    I would be very grateful if there is any information you could send me to help me do this in the right way. I have asked my husband, stepsons and male friends if they have ever checked themselves and was shocked to learn that not one of them had ever done so. I am hoping that giving information at an early age may encourage more men in my area to realise the importance of checking themselves regularly.
    Thank you
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by sarahsweet30; 10-05-06, 06:46 AM. Reason: text too big!

Sarah:
    Welcome to the forum. Two great places to start your research can be found here and here. To help spur your vreativity take a look at this commercial and the comic strip being done buy one of our members.
    I't's great that you chose to highlight tc but what made you pick this subject.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

There are good ideas to draw from around the Internet, such as on these sites:
      Scott
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Working...
      X