Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question?

I feel a strange indent at the bottom of my left testicle feels like it is connected to the epididymis, hard to tell if it is the epididymis. It feels very smooth texture like the epidymis. Should I be worried? Or am I just overreacting. Also is a TC lump more like a rounded type of lump like a pea or a mishape type of feel thats how it feels to me.

My son's tc didn't present itself as a rounded lump, it was more of a mishapen mess. Chances are that you have located a cyst on the epididymis but you should still get it checked by a urologist.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

I think it may be a vein as I thoroughly self examined myself its a tube-like structure connected to the epididymis. But now I have noticed a smaller lump on the top of my testicle. It too seems to be right next to the top of epididymis. It is hard to feel could it be a appendix of testis. It is sensitive if i touch it over time I get a dull ache. Is it possible for TC to be formed this close to the epididymis and by "close" I mean touching almost connected? Thanks for the advice.
      Last edited by animated; 12-05-06, 02:54 AM.

Comment

animated:
        My guess is that you don't have cancer but I know you're not going to sleep well until you get it checked. Your problem should be checked by a urologist just to confirm what's wrong and believe me you'll sleep a lot better when the doc gives you an all clear.
        Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

I saw the doctor yesterday and he said he could'nt feel any mass. The lump I was referring too is very small like a grain of rice if not smaller, I wasn't suprised he couldn't feel it. The doctor said I have nothing to worry about. I can usually feel it after a warm shower. Here is exactly how it feels http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1...ramek51wb7.jpg . Should I still be worried or take the doctors advice?

This is a very great website because everyone here is very supportive offering advice. I think you guys are great. I'm sure you guys get so many questions about lumps when most of the time it isn't cancer but, you guys keep being supportive and it shows how devoted you are in the fight against cancer. I hope other supportive websites follow this one.
          Last edited by animated; 12-07-06, 02:26 AM.

Comment

I suspect everything is normal. Keep up the monthly self-examination practice to watch for changes.
            Scott, [email protected]
            right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Thanks I will keep up the self-exams. I also have eczema. Last year I had dry skin on my inner thighs near my testicles and I applied a cream called elidel on it. Later I find out that studies have shown that small number of patients using elidel has got skin cancer. http://www.consumerreports.org/mg/dr...us-topical.htm Ever since then I stopped using the cream. Could something that may cause skin cancer cause testicular cancer?

Comment

Working...
              X