X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AH! what to do...

hey every1

i am 15... names ryan... well

upon doing my FIRST! monthly exam.... i find something... idk its only on my right testacle... its very small but idk it feels kinda like a skin tag b/c like i can move it but when it moves so far it pops back... kidna like the cat play toys... idk its weird... and it feels basically like a pimple or something when i press on it... but it is on my testicle... could it be some part of the epid. or something or should i get it looked at...

i show no symptoms.... none besides my testicles were SLIGHTLY tender for a few seconds after doing it...barely noticeable. no other pain or any otha symptoms

but another thing is.... cancer runs in my dads side of the family... but not testicular cancer in particular...

umm could cimetidine have anything to do w/ it? (its heart burn medication) just wondering b/c im on a horse load of it for my warts... its still kind of experimental for its use....i dunno jus wonderin

i have no problem with telling my parents... jus didnt wanna make myself feel stupid

and if i DO have tc or an infection of some sort...
    how is my treatmeant gunna affect my sports career's in highschool?

ryan

If you feel comfortable telling your parents about what you've found, I would recommend discussing it with them and going from there.

I've posted some information for you from the Testicular Cancer Research Center:

"Signs of testicular cancer to keep in mind are:

Any enlargement of a testicle
    A significant loss of size in one of the testicles
    A feeling of heaviness in the scrotum
    A dull ache in the lower abdomen or in the groin
    A sudden collection of fluid in the scrotum
    Pain or discomfort in a testicle or in the scrotum
    Enlargement or tenderness of the breasts

I hesitate to mention the following list, since anything out of the ordinary down there should prompt a visit to the doctor, but you should be aware that the following symptoms are not normally signs of testicular cancer:

A pimple, ingrown hair or rash on the scrotal skin
    A free floating lump in the scrotum, seemingly not attached to anything
    A lump on the epidiymis or tubes coming from the testicle that kind of feels like a third testicle
    Pain or burning during urination
    Blood in the urine or semen

*** Remember, only a physician can make a positive diagnosis ***

For that matter, only a physician can make a negative diagnosis too. If you think something feels strange, go see the doctor!"

Left I/O - 7/1/05
    Non-Seminoma / Stage IIB
    3x BEP - 8/15/05 - 10/11/05
    Surveillance - 11/1/05...

Comment

Working...
    X