ride for the roses 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ride for the roses 2006

ok so we keep trying and cant get it done ... is anyone going to austin for the rtr ?... do we have any meet and greets set up ?.. i currently have the tshirt and plan on wearing it on the podium ... i am currently just over $107,000 and my team is $234,000 im quite confident that i will be win one if not both .. so if anyone has yet to sign the shirt now is the time.
    diagnosed jan 19, 2005 - right i/o jan 21- ct scan and x rays clear-- march 14 rplnd... mixed germ cell

You know I'll be there! Next year, I'll have to aim for the yellow jersey level.
    Scott, [email protected]
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Scott:
      I don’t know how it will all shake out but Nancy and are speaking to our lawyer in two weeks with the intention of starting our own charitable organization. The intent is to sponsor cancer survivors who are competing in fundraisers with the intent of all monies going to one of the major cancer organizations. Perhaps next year we can help more. I would love to be in Austin but using the money to sponsor me seems too self-absorbed. But someday, some how I will be there.
      Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

I appreciate all the support, and I don't mind working for it!
        Scott, [email protected]
        right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Topshelf
          I would like it if you could send me the shirt when your done so I can take it with me to the LiveSTRONG Summit(as long a noone else has plans for using the shirt)OCT27-29!!!!!Just let me know when your done with it... Thanks!!!!
          Moffitt Cancer Institute
          CANCER SUCKS
          Diagnosed/Left I/O 9/18/2004--Non-Seminoma/Stage IIIC--3X B.E.P chemo--3X T.I.P. Salvage chemo---Abdominal [email protected] 34cmX 24.5cmX 17.5cm---4/19/2005 --RPLND/Left Kidney,8 1/2lb Abdominal tumor,42 nodes removed---7/16/2005 Remission/Surveillance---Severe Peripheral Neuropathy--

Comment

Scott:
            There are some people who have enough involvement all year that in my opinion they should get a free pass to Austin. As I said I would love to go but I really do feel that if you are there so am I. It would be easy for me to make a list of things that make us different but in this most important fight we are one.
            Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Originally posted by dadmo
              Scott:
              There are some people who have enough involvement all year that in my opinion they should get a free pass to Austin. As I said I would love to go but I really do feel that if you are there so am I. It would be easy for me to make a list of things that make us different but in this most important fight we are one.
              Well said Bill-- I think we all share the same feelings as you do.....
              Moffitt Cancer Institute
              CANCER SUCKS
              Diagnosed/Left I/O 9/18/2004--Non-Seminoma/Stage IIIC--3X B.E.P chemo--3X T.I.P. Salvage chemo---Abdominal [email protected] 34cmX 24.5cmX 17.5cm---4/19/2005 --RPLND/Left Kidney,8 1/2lb Abdominal tumor,42 nodes removed---7/16/2005 Remission/Surveillance---Severe Peripheral Neuropathy--

Comment

The foundation Nancy and are starting will be called the "Starfish Initiative".

Comment

Whats the reasoning behind the name????
                  Moffitt Cancer Institute
                  CANCER SUCKS

Comment

I was hoping someone would ask. It goes back to a posting by Scott, I have my own variation here's what I have.

Along the coast of the vast Atlantic Ocean, there lived an old man. Each day when the tide went out he would make his way along the beach. A young man who lived not far away would occasionally watch as the old man would often swoop down to lift something from the sand and then toss it away into the water.
                    One day, when the old man went down to the beach, this neighbor followed, and sure enough, as he watched, the old man bent down and gently lifted something from the sand and threw it into the ocean. By the time the old man made his next stop, the neighbor had come near enough to see that he was picking up a starfish which had been stranded by the retreating tide and would, of course, die of dehydration before the tide returned. As the old man turned to return it to the ocean, the young man called out with a degree of mockery in his voice, “Hey, old timer! What are you doing? This beach goes on for hundreds of miles, and thousands of starfish get washed up every day! Surely you don’t think that throwing a few back is going to matter.”
                    The old man listened and paused for a moment, then held the starfish in his hand out towards his neighbor. “It matters to this one, and it matters to me.”

All Nancy and I want to do is be able to help one person at a time.
                    Last edited by dadmo; 10-04-06, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Dadmo, love that story.

My wife an I, along with over a dozen of our friends created the SaltShaker Foundation this year. Similar to your mission, we have three primary goals:

1. Raise money
                      2. Raise awareness, in particular to the Young Adult community
                      3. Have a great time doing it

It's mostly a pass through, where we're raising funds to give to the Lance Armstrong Foundation (and others if we choose to do so). Let me know if you have any 501c(3) questions..

Bart
                      diagnosed Oct 2005, 14x12x9cm retroperitoneal tumor, pure seminoma
                      4xEP, right I/O

Comment

Bart:
                        We went to diner this weekend with a lawyer friend and he will begin the paperwork process this week. I’m sure I will have some question so be ready.

Comment

wow Bill (and Nancy), thats great!! I like the story too
                          Diagnosed 10/03/03
                          I/O 10/15/03
                          RPLND 1/21/04
                          Completed the Boston Marathon 4/19/05
                          Completed the Boston Marathon 4/17/06
                          Baby Riley born on 3/29/09

2012 Livestrong Challenge Web page

Comment

ok so .. back from austin ... its amazing how when i return from these trips i feel rejuvinated and energized .. the people you meet and the stories you hear are the reason we raise this money and feel that it is never enough . as always it was absolutely wonderful seeing scott and his wife again and in meeting some of the mebers of the ccc team. john otoole is once again my inspiration and the embodiment of everything the laf stands for . as mentioned in this thread , i find it very unfair that people are valued on what the $$ the raised rather the amount of support and hours they have dedicated to helping other people . i also mentioned this and was very vocal about this to doug kingswriter , one of the higher ups , and i believe there will be a few changes next year . bob hammer a member of this forum created the have a ball foundation and under the have a ball moniker and a direct challenge from will sweetham of ccc we will have a fun productive competition for next years team fundraising award . have a ball is a tc based 501(c)3 charity , and as lance mentioned in his speech of building an army to fight cancer ,, bob and i will build our tc army toward that goal . anyone interested in joining our have a ball team , or to recieve information from have a ball let me know . in 2 years i have raised $241,783 for the laf and another $87,300 for sloan kettering and the new jersey wellness center this years goal .. is to raise $250,000 as an individual and $1,000,000 nationally as a have a ball team ... with that type of money being raised tc cannot be ignored and the people on the forum who give tremendous time and effort will not be ignored they will be highlighted . the have a ball army begins fighting today !
                            diagnosed jan 19, 2005 - right i/o jan 21- ct scan and x rays clear-- march 14 rplnd... mixed germ cell

Comment

All forum members should make the effort to participate in a livestrong event. It really is uplifting to see so many people who refuse to be defined by their illness and instead have chosen to redefine what it means to be a survivor.

Comment

Working...
                              X