TC-Cancer Forum Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC-Cancer Forum Update

If you have registered for the forums or changed your password since November 2019, then you will have to re-register or reset your password.

It has been a long story, and we don't want to mention names, but our original host, who created the site, ghosted us in October 2020, failing to respond to any forms of communication. However, for the most part, the forums remained live, fees were withdrawn from our account and there wasn't much we could do as we had lost access to the backend of the site. When the forums went down in October 2021 we furthered our search for the host, even traveling to their office in Orlando, which no longer exists.

Since then we were able to re-establish access to the backend of the site but the forums database was missing. We established a new host and in a Herculean effort on their part they were able to piece together tables from various partial backups to get the database restored. Unfortunately, because the previous host was not locally backing up the site we could only restore the site from November 2019 back, so posts and users since then were lost. While this was not ideal, it was the only thing that could be done and we are beyond grateful that even this could be achieved as for months we thought the entire database was lost.

We can't thank the new host enough for their extraordinary efforts, deploying their top technical staff over tireless hours to recover this one of a kind resource. They are true heroes for the testicular cancer community. They literally took us under their wing and have all of our backups and storage now set up to prevent future losses.

[Edit: In making this post we are seeing where only sticky posts are showing in this section. So, there will be some inherent bugs, etc., as we move forward. We are actively trying to find someone with vBulletin and server experience to help us, but they tend to be difficult to find. So, if you know of anyone, then we are certainly open to speaking with them.]

Thank you for your patience as all of this was resolved.

Mike Craycraft
    Survivor/Founder
    Testicular Cancer Society
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Thanks a lot for the efforts, Mike!
    03.01.2021 Diagnosed with TC, 2cm*1.5cm
    03.16.2021 Left I/O
    03.26.2021 Pathology report: Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...​

Comment

Thanks Ralph. There are still a lot of issues with the forums, glitch errors, the search isn't working for one, so it is a work in progress. The issue is trying to find someone with vBulletin and database experience to help resolve them.

Mike
      Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
      06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
      06.26.06 Left I/O
      06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
      06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
      Surveillance...
      Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
      6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Thanks mike , for everything
        painless lump rightside over 5 month
        tumor markers- afp-14.9 hcg-773
        06/2018- right i/o

path- teratoma/yolk sac/chorio

afp down at 2.3 hcg-3303

ct- no lymph involvement, lung mets (stage IIIA)

07/2018- start of 3xBEP +1EP

changed to 3xBEP

complete response

07/2019- 9 months all clear(bhcg<0.1 or undetectable from 5 months)

10/2019 - ct picked up small nodule on other lung (3mm) blood work normal
        (one year mark after chemo)

11/2019- afp-0.7 bhcg-2.9

Comment

Thank you for all of your effort and for not giving up Mike!

Comment

Working...
          X