No announcement yet.

How fast does teratoma cells grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Daneshmand would be the guy to see. He is the highest volume RPLND surgeon west of the Mississippi River, or at least he used to be unless something changed recently. I hope the appointment went well and am interested in hearing what he had to say.

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Yes, the appointment went as well as possible. He says that there is no ambiguity that my son needs RPLND. He says that he has been doing the mid-line RPLND for ten years, and patients usually can go home the next day. He described it to us and it seems much less invasive than any other kind of RPLND. He also says that the complication rate is very low, and the follow-up surveillance is almost not necessary due to the high success rate. We are all comforted by the thought, and my son will do the surgery with him in December. Now we are waiting to get the schedule. Mike: Have you by chance read anything about mid-line versus traditional open?

Comment

Nerve-sparing attempts to preserve the nerves responsible for ejaculation and is regardless of the open or minimally-invasive approach.

Mike
        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...
        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Yes, he says that nerve-sparing is achieved 95% of the time with the mid-line approach.

Comment

Working...
          X