Hand-Assisted L-RPLND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand-Assisted L-RPLND

Hand-Assisted Laparoscopic Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection for Nonseminomatous Testicular Cancer

Conclusion: Hand assitance makes the laparoscopic operation simpler, faster, and safer. A 6–7 cm muscle-splitting incision should be advantageous for patients compared to the xyphopubic laparotomy of the open procedure. To our knowledge this is the first report on hand-assisted laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection.

sounds a bit strange thought . .

but in any case . . it is good to see somebody exploring new surgical procedure.
    Orchiectomy 2007/7/11
    BEP x4 7/31/2007 to 10/15/2007
    RPLND 12/11/2007

Originally posted by RTC
    Conclusion: Hand assitance makes the laparoscopic operation simpler, faster, and safer.
    ...and, it seems, a lot less "minimally invasive."
    Scott, [email protected]
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

10 patients isn't really a large sample. If they us that as a measuring stick do they consider 10% of the patients needing repair because of bleeding acceptable?
      Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Working...
      X