Hi again everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi again everyone!

Well it's been a long time since I have posted here although I read it a lot. This has been a place for many sleepless nights I can honestly say, and that is a good thing...very helpful.

As of right now I am doing fairly well. No signs of the cnacer coming back, however I did have a good scare with some crap in my chest that turned out to be from "Vally Fever" that I got because my immune levels are so low from everything I had done to me. I recently had a PET scan and a CT scan in the same day minutes apart from each other which I can say was not fun. Not that they hurt or anything but that I was really sick for about a week so I attributed it to those tests being one right after the other. From now on I'll be doing them on different days no matter what anyone tells me LOL

Something really good has come out of being so so sick though, I started my own business! YAY! While going through all my treatments and not being able to leave my apt. for so long I began to work on a little project. Just a reminder that I was 24 when this TC thing happened to me and I was having fun living life and doing what kids my age do,(I will be 28 in a few weeks and I'm still going through tests every month!). Well, anyway...I began to take notice of what was in the products I was using and decided to make a difference in one particular area.

Not to make this an infomercial or anything but I worked and worked as much as I could when I had the energy and I created a product called Ready Lube. Ready Lube is an all natural water based personal lubricant with minimal natural ingrdients. A few great benefits are that it is pH balanced, contains vitamin E and Aloe Vera and has no parabens, it is petroleum free
    and propylene glycol free. It only made sense to me, and maybe it's because of everything I've been through, but that if you are going to put something on or in your body it needs to be natural or as natural as possible and when looking at what was availible at the time I didn't find anything I would feel safe using.

I figured that I would let my friends here know about all my hard work and let you know that there is something out there for personal care that is safe to use, after all, some of us may be in treatment but we are still alive and sex is a very vital part of life. I wish everyone the best of luck with all that they are facing and if I can be of any help in any way please do not hesitate to call on me. I have been through so much and have tried to make something great come out of all my pain and hope I can be somewhat of a role model to others.

If you are interested in Ready Lube you can visit the site at www.readylube.com for more info. I plan on giving at least 5% of all profits back to the cancer center that I was treated at to help others like myself get through the hard time cancer brings. I hope you dont think I am spamming in any way...just a brief update on my condition and where I am at and what I have done in my life.

Here's to eating healthy and keeping that positive attitude!

Also I would love to put a link back to these forums if that's possible. Where do I find a graphic for this? Thanks!

I guess I have a screw loose but how could anyone think your spamming. Ready lube seems like an appropriate product for most people but spamming testosterone deficient uni-ballers with a sex aid just struck me funny. Sorry.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

LOL I know what you mean but I told some other site about my struggle and how I tried to turn it into something positive for myself and others and since I gave out my link I was called a spammer, go figure. I didn't think it would be an issue here but I thought I'd throw it in there just the same.

Thanks for your reply and no, I don't think you have a screw loose LOL

...and we may be testosterone deficient but were still human right. It's great for women too because of what all those chemicals can do to their bodies not to mention if they are going through or have already gone through menopause. That's why I made sure it was pH balanced and had moisturizing ingredients in it. Everyone needs a little help now and then.

Take care!

Comment

Mike:
        I was just being stupid; it's an old habit. Are natural products needed, you bet. With everything you guys have gone through I guess I can share some personal info to. When Jason was sick Nancy (my wife) was going through menopause. She went to the doctors to see what he could do to help some of the symptoms. Remember now Jason was in the middle of his chemo. What does the doctor prescribe, a hormone replacement cream that has the #1 side effect listed as being a carcinogen. I can't even begin to tell you how upset I was with the doctor for prescribing something like that when she (yes she) knew what Nancy was going through. The cream went into the garbage along with the doctors business card.
        Ever since that day, I have given Nancy a new and especially endearing nickname "Mrs. Arizona", you know hot but dry. Hey, did I hear a rim shot. .
        Of course now that I'm slipping into the little blue pill zone of my life I'm sure I'll get an equally charming nickname.
        Last edited by dadmo; 03-25-06, 10:39 AM.
        Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Great nickname! lol

HAHAHA that's a great story!

Just goes to show that some doctors are just about selling the whatever their rep brings in without questioning it.

I can tell that you have the perfect attitude, I really like your style. I can't wait to find out what nickname you'll get , I'm sure it will be as clever as "Mrs. Arizona" LOL. Sounds like you have a great relationship and I know that's what it takes to deal with so much.

Keep having fun!

Comment

mike:
            HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Have a good one.

Comment

Working...
            X