Vitamins and Supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamins and Supplements

I had a left orchiectomy Jan. 17 and will start first of four rounds of BEP on Jan 29.

I have an abdominal tumour 4.5 cm X 4.6 cm X 7 cm (about the dimensions of a used tiolet roll).

I am interested in anyone's experience with vitamins and supplements. I already take a multi, greens+, B complex, fish oil, calcium/magnesium, E, and C.

I appreciate the help!

Gidday

Welcome, Gidday. You're going to beat this!

Be sure to discuss all your vitamins and supplements with your oncologist. It's important. (See this article, for example.)
    Scott, [email protected]
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

I was told to NOT take anything that would remotely interfere with the BEP cycles (especially Vitamin C and other antioxidants green tea extract, etc). Let the chemo go to work and kill whatever it can. Check with your oncologist and see what they say. Good luck!
      Age 33, Right I/O Mar '05, 90% embryonal, 10% teratocarcinoma, Surv until 4 mo CT (+), 3 x BEP Aug/Sep '05, CT 10/05 ok, CT 2/06 ok, CT 3/06 ok, CT 6/06 ok, X-Ray, Blood 8/06 ok, Sperm Count 09/06: Low but active, CT 10/06 ok, X-ray 12/06 ok, CT 02/07 ok, X-ray/blood 4/07 ok, CT 6/07 ok, X-ray/blood 09/07, CT 10/07 ok, CT 4/08 ok, CT 10/08 ok

LAST NIGHT I DREAMT 1000 LIES
      I CAN SEE THE DAWN
      THROUGH A DIFFERENT SET OF EYES

Comment

Our oncologist had my son stop all supplements as well as any herbal teas. Please check with your doctor. You can get back on track with the supplements after the chemo.
        Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

If you wanna tweak it up:
          Replace magnesium with ZMA
          Vitamin C with a Vitamin C with Rutin and Hesperidin.
          Take your calcium away from the ZMA as in interferes with absorption
          Replace vitamin E, with Isomer-E
          Fish oil should contain a small amount of vitamin E per serve to keep it fresh, aswell as being molecurly distilled and 3rd party tested for purity.
          Green Tea extract should contain atleast 50% EGCG (epigallocatechin-3-gallate)
          Multivitamin should be twice a day with a daily total of 2mg copper with 2mg manganese.

But you should stop all supps during chemo as they will interfere, being anti oxidants.
          Aged 23 ;; 09/06 left I/O ;; Markers normal ;; 100% Seminoma Stage 1. ;; 10x8x16mm & 7x7x8mm ;; rete testis invasion. ;; no vascular invasion. ;; surveillance. ;; HRT.

Comment

Working...
          X