Hello Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Again

Just checking in to see how everyones is doing it has been a little bit since I last posted here. Just want to say that i have finally come to the point that I am starting to feel good about myself again and starting to feel like myself. It has only been since 3/7/07 since my I/o-the right one...but the thing is I am tired of worrying every day about recurrence... Iam beginning to learn that instead of expanding all my energy worrrying about every little pain i feel. I need to just be happy that I am still here and live my life to the fullest- I feel great...I go out and exercise every day... from either shooting hoop or bike riding or jogging whatever it is just getting out there and doing something seems to be helping me mentally as well as physically I have an appointment with my medical oncologist on 4/26/07 I am guessing he is going to assign me a date for my first ct scan (I decided to do survallence as opposed to radiation)....i dont know how common recurrence is and am not going to drive myself nutz between each doc visit because I can do that very easily but i figure if i just live every day to the fullest and be happy -than whatever comes along i can face it..hope everyone here is doing well-Just curious anyone here from the Bay Area?

Hey Newbe,
    I am really happy to read that you are doing well. You have the right idea: worrying about this is not a fun way to lead your life. It's great that you are keeping distracted with exercise and other things, and this will be key in keeping your sanity.
    Also, welcome to the ranks of surveillance. You will be fine as long as you keep up with your scheduled labs and scans. Keep taking good care of yourself, and keep enjoying life to the fullest.
    Best of luck, and congratulations!
    "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
    11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
    12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Don't beat yourself up for worrying about recurrence. That's normal. Just don't let it stop you from living!
      Scott, [email protected]
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

me too

A quote from Wayne Dyer..."no amount of worry has ever helped prevent or heal a person." Those might not be his exact words, but close. Easier said than done, there are whole days that consume me sometimes. When I realize how low my body goes when I worry and what an actual waste of time (all of the worries are actually fabricated ideas in my head) it reminds me that I can also choose other thoughts that feel stronger. Kind of like choosing if you want to step in the pile of dog ----- or not. Again, I can say it, but the practice to be outside of it is a lesson in patience. Something else that helps is to try to save my worries for one day, or one time. When I get to that time, sometimes worrying is not what I want to do. Trading the extra time for something like helping Scott raise funds for Livestrong! Take care, find some happiness. Russell's Mom, Sharon
        Click here to support my LIVESTRONG Challenge with Team LOVEstrong.

Comment

Good for you! Great attitude - the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor, so why dwell on that slim chance?!

It took me quite a while to figure out what you already have. But a few months ago, I decided to stop dwelling on things and move on. I started an exercise program that has gotten me back into shape and I really do feel so much better because of it. Amazing how it works. So, as I celebrate my 1-year survivorship today, I feel strong, definitely feel cured, and am optimistic for the future. Sounds like you are headed in that direction yourself.

Oh, and I am from the Bay Area too.
          Right I/O 4/17/06, Seminoma Stage Ib
          RT (15 days) completed 6/1/06
          All clear as of 5/8/09

Comment

Sans rt1,
            Congratulations on your 1-year anniversary!
            "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
            11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
            12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Working...
            X