Great Balls Of Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Balls Of Fire

On Aug. 11th Nancy and I would like to celebrate the fact that Mark (TCLEFT) is cancer free. We are also going to burn copies of test results slide or anything else related to cancer that might make us feel better. Anyone interested in attending just let me know so I can make plans. Well actually my plan is to have Nancy do it. Hey Scott, maybe you can change Marks log in from TCLEFT to TCGONE.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

I am really interested Dadmo. Too bad i have nothing to burn related to my cancer(my doc only has my results). But i will try to find something to burn before august 11th. By the way, I live near the frontier of U.S.A near the state of maine so i propose to pick 3 other member in my car on my way down to NJ. So we can probably share a little bit of gasoline and and a hotel.
    If i come i will cross the state of maine, n-h, mass, conn, n-y. I know that there are some members in these area. I will probably have to be in new-hampshire for business on the 13th. If not i will come anyway because i don't want to miss the oportunity to meet everybody.
    Eric

Stage 1 seminoma in august 2001
    with invaded spermatic chord and treated with RT
    Relapse november 2005, 4 BEP and now back to surveillance

Comment

Eric,
      I'm absolutely thrilled you're coming all this way. I can't wait to meet you. Another thought to you and everyone else looking for something to burn: The one thing I'm sure we all have are copies of the bills. Even with insurance getting ill is not cheap. Bring your bills to burn and hopefully we won't need the fire department to put out a major blaze.
      I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

Count me in. I'll bring along my slide jpegs and other imaging items I've collected.
        Last edited by Fed; 06-17-07, 06:15 PM.
        "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
        11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
        12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Wouldn't miss it for the world!! Dianne
          Spouse: I/O 8/80; embryonal, seminoma, teratoma; RPLND 9/80 - no reoccurrence - HRT 8/80; bladder cancer 11/97; reoccurrence: 4X
          Son: I/O 11/04; embryonal, teratoma; VI; 3XBEP; relapse 5/08; RPLND 6/18/08 - path: mature teratoma

Comment

I like the carpooling idea. I believe August 11 will work!
            Scott, [email protected]
            right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

I believe you folks have just put the topping on my Father's Day Cake. PET scan on the 25th. I hope to make parfait with that news. Thank you and know you're loved.
              Mark
              I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

Mark

Please tell me if you bring you guitar, i will probably bring mine also. I don't know if they will let me in at the U.S. border with a guitar and a lot of canadian beer in the back of my car
                Eric

Stage 1 seminoma in august 2001
                with invaded spermatic chord and treated with RT
                Relapse november 2005, 4 BEP and now back to surveillance

Comment

Between me and my Son, we should have 3 guitars or more, 1 mandolin and 1 flute. And if the neuropathy is at bay, at least a few songs. The more Instruments the better. Bring what you can! But first and foremost, bring you!
                  I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

send something

I thought of starting fire on the west coast, same time on Aug 11, as driving/flying is out of the question right now. I will be at work, but also wondering how many west coasters would be interested. As it sits for now, can I send something to help fuel the fire?
                    When Russell was faced with sperm banking, his response was "why bother." "Oh no," were the words in my mind. So we had a party. Now girls might enjoy a shower, but 20's guys. We had guess the sperm in sperm count game, symbolic tadpole races etc. etc. There were many laughs and lots of support. One way or another, I think there will be a fire at my house in the not to far off future. Russell's Mom, Sharon
                    Click here to support my LIVESTRONG Challenge with Team LOVEstrong.

Comment

That's a riot, Sharon!
                      Scott, [email protected]
                      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

names

The tadpoles were named...Russell Jr, Russellette, Mini-me, Why and Why Not! Russell's Mom, Sharon
                        Click here to support my LIVESTRONG Challenge with Team LOVEstrong.

Comment

If anyone wants to send items to be burned my home address is

William Moses
                          48 Myrtle Ave.
                          Midland Park NJ 07432
                          Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Ray and I will be there!!!!! Can't wait to meet you guys!!! Thanks for doing this Bill and Nancy. I volunteer to bring a big, celebratory cake!
                            Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

Can it be football shaped and pinkish?

Comment

Working...
                              X