Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts are with all of you at this tough time...Mary Ellen

Comment

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Diane

Comment

"No love, no friendship can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever."
        - Francois Marie

So very sorry to hear of Bev's passing...let the bright light she brought into your lives flicker forever in your hearts. Much love!
        Maria
        *Hubby Andy diagnosed 02/13/07, Left IO 02/16/07 *Stage 1A Non-Seminoma (65% Immature Teratoma / 35% Embryonal Carcinoma) *RPLND 04/27/07 Lymph Nodes-ALL CLEAR
        *Complications from Chylous Ascites so Laparotomy 05/03/07 *No food for 10 weeks, TPN only *07/18/07 Removed drains, tubes, picc line *CT Scan 07/31/07-ALL CLEAR
        *CT Scan 02/12/08-ALL CLEAR *Hydrocele surgery 06/19/08 *CT Scan 9/30/08 and 03/06/09 shows <cm left lung nodule - under surveillance

Comment

Bill

I'm really sorry for your loss.
          Eric

Stage 1 seminoma in august 2001
          with invaded spermatic chord and treated with RT
          Relapse november 2005, 4 BEP and now back to surveillance

Comment

I'm so very sorry. Seeing your friend's picture in mommo's avatar brought tears to my eyes -- such a wonderful smile.
            Fish
            TC1
            Right I/O 4/22/1988
            RPLND 6/20/1988
            TC2
            Left I/O 9/17/2003
            Surveillance

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will; to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

Bill and Nancy, so sorry for your loss.
              Lori and Jon
              Diagnosed 5/22/2006
              I/O 5/26/2006, Stage 3, Good
              Teratoma (Majority), Seminoma (10%), Yolk Sac
              3xEP then determined not working
              HDC w/stem cell transplant 8/16/06 to 9/25/06
              Chest and Neck surgery 10/9/06 - immature teratoma
              RPLND 11/16/06 - immature Teratoma
              2/29/2008 - markers continue to be normal!
              9/16/2008 - released from Dr. Einhorn's care

Comment

Thinking of you! These are the most difficult days!! Thoughts and prayers, Loverstrong, Sharon
                Click here to support my LIVESTRONG Challenge with Team LOVEstrong.

Comment

Frisay night we are meeting with Bev's family. This is going to be very hard on all of us. She was/is a very dear friend.
                  Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Originally posted by dadmo
                    Frisay night we are meeting with Bev's family. This is going to be very hard on all of us. She was/is a very dear friend.
                    I like the new picture. made me smile tonight and I needed it.

We just got the news our good friend has stage 3b lung cancer...he is 38 years old, non-smoker. It feels like it is all around us
                    Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
                    Current DVT
                    Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret
                      We just got the news our good friend has stage 3b lung cancer...he is 38 years old, non-smoker. It feels like it is all around us
                      My boss lost his mentor (Stan Korsmeyer) that way... one of the most brilliant cancer biologists who was nominated for the Nobel prize multiple times... non-small cell lung carcinoma... never smoked a cigarrete in his life. He, along with, the other 10 million affected by this beast, are an inspiration to all of us.
                      Dadmo, Alreadybald mentioned to me that at the Philly Challenge there will be a Jumbotron showing a tribute with pictures of the departed. I don't know whether you and Bev's family would be up for that, but you can ask Joe or me for the details. I know I have them stashed somewhere.
                      "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
                      11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
                      12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Lost My Dad Today

I ask your pardon in advance if otherwise, but since the thread was about losing loved ones I thought it would be appropriate to post this here. In a cruel twist of fate, amid worrying about Andy these past few months, I had neglected to focus on my dear Dad and his compromised health with his bad heart. In the very early morning hours, my mom found him laying motionless on the floor and the paramedics were unable to revive him. He was 63.

In public, Vic was a simple and understated guy - at times shy around strangers. But the dad we knew had a wicked sense of humor, and had a knack for singing silly songs about anything and everything. I remember as a young kid watching him shine his shoes and listening to him sing a tune about those shoes being brown, or black, or whatever color he was wearing that day! He worked his tail off trying to provide for our large family with FIVE kids running about. He had his flaws as we all do, but five little ones could drive any man's temper up! And although his heart failed him physically, it was as big and full as any person could have hoped for.

I can't seem to show my emotions around my mom right now as my siblings and I are trying to be strong for her. She has always been a pillar of strength...afterall this woman battled Stage III fibrosarcoma and beat the odds. It's difficult to see her like this - so fragile. Thank you for letting me type this in tears and thank you for reading it. I will take some time away dear forum family, to attend to my homefront. So be well and lovestrong...we hope to do that for my mom.
                        Maria
                        *Hubby Andy diagnosed 02/13/07, Left IO 02/16/07 *Stage 1A Non-Seminoma (65% Immature Teratoma / 35% Embryonal Carcinoma) *RPLND 04/27/07 Lymph Nodes-ALL CLEAR
                        *Complications from Chylous Ascites so Laparotomy 05/03/07 *No food for 10 weeks, TPN only *07/18/07 Removed drains, tubes, picc line *CT Scan 07/31/07-ALL CLEAR
                        *CT Scan 02/12/08-ALL CLEAR *Hydrocele surgery 06/19/08 *CT Scan 9/30/08 and 03/06/09 shows <cm left lung nodule - under surveillance

Comment

Maria:
                          I wish I could say something to ease the pain. All I can do is say I'm sorry for your loss and mean it.
                          Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Maria,
                            My deepest sympathy. I hope you can find some comfort to ease your pain. We're all here if and when you need us.
                            Mark
                            I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

I'm so sorry for your family's sudden loss of your father, Maria. My thoughts are with you.
                              Scott, [email protected]
                              right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Maria:

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a parent, but especially on top of your current challenges....

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
                                Fish
                                TC1
                                Right I/O 4/22/1988
                                RPLND 6/20/1988
                                TC2
                                Left I/O 9/17/2003
                                Surveillance

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will; to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

Working...
                                X