Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just diognosed

Hi all,
    My first post here just hoping for some opinions.
    I am 41 yrs. and had been feeling a bit off , so the doc did a heap of labs, only to find low testo. LH and fsh. So we are currently using a compounded testo. cream. On the last visit i mentioned a small lump on the right teste had gotten bigger so he said to get a sonogram.
    TESTICULAR SONOGRAM
    FINDINGS The right testis contains a hetrogeneous solid mass measuring 2.2x2.0x1.2cm and almost certainly representing a primary testicular cancer.There is some calcification within this , favouring a diognosis of teratoma rather than seminoma , but a significant proportion of tumors are mixed. the surface of the tumor is alitte ill defined compared with the clear encapulation of the remainder of the testis. No free fluid is seen in the scrotal sac.
    IMPRESSION. 2.2CM hetrogeneous right testicular tumor, on imaging criterea most kikely to be predominately teratomous.

EXAMINATION. CHEST XRAY. AND CT THORAX, ABDOMEN AND PELVIS.
    XRAY CHEST
    FINDINGSThe lung fields are normally inflated and clear. The plueral reflections are maintained. No pulmonary nodules can be identified. The heart is not enlarged and the cardiomediastinal contour appears satisfactory.
    CT CHEST, ABDOMEN AND PELVIS
    TECHNIQUE Following administration of both intravenous and oral contrast, scans were performed through the thorax, abdomen and pelvis using the helical technique.
    FINDINGS There is no evidence of any pulmonary metastisis, consolidation or collapse
    . No plueral effusion can be seen . There is no sign of any axillary , mediastinal nor hilar lymphadenopathy. The brachiocephalic and pulmonary vessels along with the thoratic aorta are all patent and otherwise intact. Ther is no sign of any cardiac enlargement.
    The upper abdominal viscera all appear to be intact and are normally perfused. The abdominal aorta and IVC remain patent. There is no sign of any para- aortic, mesenteric nor iliac lymphadenopathy.
    Within the pelvis , the appearences are as yet onopacified urinary bladder and prostate are unremarkable . The oral contrast in traversed most the normal appearing small bowel and entered the colon. No significant bowel abnormality can be identified.
    SUMMARY. This is an essentially normal study with no sign of any pulmonary, visceral nor lymphatic involvement by the recentely discovered testicular mass.

The doc did take markers and said they were high , but did not give me the numbers. I am seeing the uroligist tomorrow , but the doc says from the scans he is pleased .

So what do you guys think ? whats next ? etc

Thanks
    swan
    I/O Feb.06
    90% embryonal carcinoma/10% teratoma
    lymphatic invasion
    3 x 2.2 cm lymph node abdomen
    3x BEP started March 06
    currently on surveillance

Swan:
    You will certainly lose the testicle then further treatment will be dependent on the results of the biopsy. Having no signs of spread is obviously important. Now it's the waiting game.
    Last edited by dadmo; 02-16-06, 09:22 AM.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

As dadmo said, the orchiectomy comes first. Is it scheduled?

Assuming your markers return to normal after that, surveillance should be an option.
      Scott, [email protected]
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

swan, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. be informed and dont hesitate to ask questions. alot of great people are here willing to help...just ask! best of luck and let us know the results!
        brian
        diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

Yep just got back from uroligist surgery booked for monday am.
          I/O Feb.06
          lymphatic invasion
          3x BEP started March 06

Comment

the surgery will be short and sweet. not alot to worry about. i had a little soarness for a couple of days. my first went very well and no swelling or bruising. my second was a little different. i went home about two hours post-op. i had a little more swelling in the sac area but that was only the real discomfort. any surgery in the pelvis area will sometimes create swelling and blood to accumolate in the area. but no worry it will soon be absorbed. and you may not have any at all!!!!! just take it easy for a few days after and things will be better soon. best of luck! thought and prayers are with you!
            diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

I was 42 when I was first diagnoised. Had righty removed back in Sep 05. The procedure, at least for me, was not that big of a deal as far as recovery was concerned. I was actually back to work much faster from the removal then I was from an EPIDIDYMIS Removal (I think that is what is was called) a few years back.

I did have some spread but it appears they have checked you pretty well for that. I am now finishing my first 6 mths, well in March I will be, of chemo.

Thus far everything is looking good. The biggest thing in my book is to have a strong support base. That is to say friends and/or family that will see you though this. The hardest thing for me has been sharing this with others. I have always been a very private person.

Hope all went well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by swan
                ...surgery booked for monday am.
                How are you feeling? Recovering well? Pathology report back yet?
                Scott, [email protected]
                right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Feeling o.k thanks scott, still a bit sore and tender but getting better.
                  Uroligist phoned thursday and said he had the report and it was not as good as he had hoped. From memory he said it was non seminomos mixed mainly embryonial with active features. Basically he said the cancer has spread from the testi (ct scanns are clear though) but he did not know where and said probably need chemo to get whats left.
                  I am getting bloods this wed. then seeing him fri. will find out more then i guess. I will get a copy of path report and bloods fri and post them.

simon
                  I/O Feb.06
                  lymphatic invasion
                  3x BEP started March 06

Comment

Hi, Simon

My brother, age 41, was dx with cancer this week as well. He's at home recovering just as you are. One thing I seem to gather is that this cancer is a bit odd in that you can have "ideal" TC and have a poor outcome just as easily as you can have a good outcome with "less than ideal" TC. Wishing you a speedy recovery and please keep us posted on your progress.

Comment

Lymphadenopathy

Hey there,

Caught the mentions of lymphadenopathy in the opening post. Although it looks like it was in a negative sense (no signs of it). Is there anyone in the forum who has lymphadenopathy, or perhaps a relative or friend with it?

Comment

Working...
                      X