Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prosthetic..or not?

good morning..
    my ex hubby was asked by his doctor to think about getting a prosthetic right away during his surgery on Monday...since he'll already be open and all..
    what do you guys think? should he?
    he's feeling really wierd about a fake ball.
    he doesn't know what to do...help please...

It comes down to a personal decision. If you click the Search link in the blue bar and enter the term "prosthetic," you'll find some good past discussion on this topic.
    Scott, [email protected]
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

At the time of my surgery in 2001 my doctor told me that there are some risk to have a prothesis
      Eric

Stage 1 seminoma in august 2001
      with invaded spermatic chord and treated with RT
      Relapse november 2005, 4 BEP and now back to surveillance

Comment

There is really no wrong decision as long as you are comfortable with whatever you decide.

For myself, I declined since no one can really notice, not even when I am naked.

-TSX

Comment

thanks guys..he had the surgery yesterday, and decided against it.

Comment

How's he feeling? Recovering well? Be sure to make him get up and walk around. He'll be glad later!
            Scott, [email protected]
            right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

he's exhausted. and in a little pain
              I wish I knew more. we don't live together and it's killimg me not knowing EVeRYTHING.

Comment

Working...
              X