Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CT Scan Today

Hi everyone,

C/T scan this afternoon, meeting with urologist tomorrow in am. Anyone have ideas of what questions I should ask the radiologist this afternoon? Or my urologist in the morning?

Also has anyone looked into how Glyconutrients may help with treatment?

Thanks

Steve

Here's a list of things to ask complements of our good friends at TCRC. Good luck.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Doubt you will see the RAD he or she will read it after you are gone and send the results to the doctor.
      As for the URo here is a list of questions

Hope this helps.
      Brian
      5-1-2006 Right IO - Stage 1 Nonseminoma Embryonal and Yolk sac - Surveillance Baby on the way Born 7-20-07

Comment

Also if this is your first CT with IV contrast be warned that it makes you feel warm and like you wet your shorts, but you really don't and the feeling goes away very quick.
        It is sort of a surprise if they don't tell you ALL of what you will feel (they forgot to tell me that one).
        Not trying to worry you just giving you all the info.
        Brian
        5-1-2006 Right IO - Stage 1 Nonseminoma Embryonal and Yolk sac - Surveillance Baby on the way Born 7-20-07

Comment

Yeah, I thought somebody was hiding under the CT table with a lighter on my *ss the first time I had a CT! One of the wierdest things-- I still get tweaked about everytime (and I have had at least 20 (couple extra due to errors and relapses)! At least we all have that radio-active glow that lets us find things in the dark, I think that's why my friends always want me to go camping--human flashlight (j/k)!!
          TC 1
          Right I/O-- 12-5-00 (seminoma, teratoma, embryonal, yolk sak)
          RPLND-- 12-29-00 (All Clear)
          Surveillance
          Recurrence-- 4-22-01 (3 mets in right lung-- biggest 3cm, small met on pancreas, one lymph node enlarged-- 2x normal)
          Chemotherapy-- started 4-30-01, 3xBEP
          Surveillance
          TC 2
          Left I/O-- 7-19-06 (seminoma)
          Hormone replacement therapy-- Androgel
          Surveillance

Jeremiah 29:11
          Listen to Bob Marley

Comment

Ras Joe that was damn funny only because we all have to do it of course. I am glad we can all laugh from time to time but the lighter under the table still has me laughing to myself That will be in my mind in a few week as i get scanned again I will make sure to chase the CT Monster with the lighter from under the table before they light me up
            Brian

Comment

Working...
            X