First Check Up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Check Up...

Hello there today is my fiancé’s first check up after RT, I am pretty nervous, I have a lot of faith that everything is going to be OK.... but I am still anxious... I know most of you have gone through this already so you know the feeling... please wish us luck, I know my fiancé is nervous too but he does not like to show it, but anyway, I'll be letting you know how it went..... Thank You very Much for your support!!!
    Keysi

Fiance with Stage 1a classical seminoma, RT for 15 days
    Left I/O 3/1/06
    Firts follow up-Clear!!!

Good luck on the follow-up. I am sure everything will be OK with your boyfriend. When I had my first follow-up with my oncologist, I was not nervous as I figured not enough time had passed for something to show up. I think I will be a little more anxious about my next one.

I did just get back from a 4-month followup with the RT doctor. Seemed like just a formality - maybe for liability or something to have proof he did not damage me or something - but we've officially closed that book and don't have to go back to see him again.

I did make sure I had copies of all the reports in my file. I was supposed to have been sent them all along, but never got anything but the initial consultation report. Figured I should have copies of everything in my personal TC file, so I can have them to refer to in the future if, heaven forbid, I ever need to.
    Right I/O 4/17/06, Seminoma Stage Ib
    RT (15 days) completed 6/1/06
    All clear as of 5/8/09

Comment

Thank You Sans!!.. we went yestarday to the oncologist and the Doctor started to ask my boyfriend if he had felt any symptoms or anything weird (Thank GOD he has feeling great lately), he did like a physical exam and asked for blood test and X-rays, I was inside the doc's office and I was the one asking all type of questions because my fiance never asks anything, I guess he feels nervous and he does not like to hear about how serious this is, the doc said that for the first 3 years, the follow up would be every 4 months, and after that every 6 months, and after 5 years, every year, he said that no CT scans were necessary unless the blood markers indicate something, and he also said that he was very lucky because the tumor was very small, anyway we are now waiting for the results, do you all know how long they ususally take??? Thank YoU!!!
      Keysi

Left I/O 3/1/06
      Firts follow up-Clear!!!

Comment

keysi:
        Your doctor doesn't seem to be following a standard surveillance protocol. Please check out this link as a reference for what is normally done.
        Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Thanks for the link!! I don't know too much, but it seems according to the link that is more or less what is being done, my fiance's is Satge 1 seminoma treated with Radiation, it might vary in some things, but the blood markers and X-chest rays are scheduled. I'll ask the doctor anyway... Thank You!!
          Keysi

Left I/O 3/1/06
          Firts follow up-Clear!!!

Comment

My concern was that the doctors intention was to skip the x-rays. Sorry if I misunderstood.
            Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

I appreciate the reply DADMO!!
              Keysi

Left I/O 3/1/06
              Firts follow up-Clear!!!

Comment

Hopefully the lab and x-ray results will be back soon, for me it has only taken a day or two so far for the results to be back. I guess your boyfriend's doctor prescribed a very standard protocol that has been followed for a long time - and did not include a CT because his tumor was very small. I guess that makes some sense because the likelihood of spread is extremely low, especially after RT. Seminoma rarely produce any tumor markers - but the bloodwork will tell a lot of other things about what is going on with you.

Your boyfriend is lucky to have you there with him. I am managing my own care now, but when I was first diagnosed I would have been lost without my wife sitting next to me taking notes and asking questions. I'm doing a better job of it now and my wife is no longer going to all the appointments with me.
                Right I/O 4/17/06, Seminoma Stage Ib
                RT (15 days) completed 6/1/06
                All clear as of 5/8/09

Comment

Thank You Sans!!...and I think we are both just lucky to have each other, I feel that I am the lucky one, I've learned so much with him because of TC, we both realize now how important life is and how important is to have someone that you love next to you no matter what...but anyway....I think everybody that is part of this forum thinks this way...
                  Keysi

Left I/O 3/1/06
                  Firts follow up-Clear!!!

Comment

i agree!!!! hope all goes well!

my thoughts and prayers,

Brian
                    diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

Working...
                    X