Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results

Hey yall, got another good report (I think) from new Oncologist here in Upstate NY.

AFP 3.9
    BHCG <1.0

One thing that has me a little worried is the AFP has gone up slightly after each check up, I know it is still well within normal limits but still has me a little concerned. Another thing that has me confused. I changed my oncologist here because he seemed too unreachable, and didn't like me second guessing his recomendations. Anyway the new one wants me to have another CT scan in 3 months but did not seem to think I needed a chest X-ray this visit. That would put me at 6 months without a X-ray or CT scan (Had CT scan last visit 3 months ago with old Dr.). I will be at 1 year mark in November and original DR. in Memphis had me on every 2 months Blood, and chest x-rays 1st. year. Just seems to me a little lax on the protocall. Should I question my concerns about needing a chest X-ray?
    Diagnosed 7/5/05, Rt. I/O 7/29/05, Nonseminoma Stage IIa, Started 3XBEP 9/06/05 changed to 4XEP due to reaction from Bleomycin. Currently surveillance.

According to the information at TCRC in the second year you should be getting a chest X-ray every four mounths. The info can be found here . I would mention your concerns to the doctor.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Just talked to Phys. assistant

Hey Dadmo, Thanks for the link. That is the one that the Dr. in Memphis was going by. I just got off the phone with the Phys. Assistant, and she said that the Dr. was going by the NCCA oncology guidelines.

I guess either one would be suitable for me.
      Diagnosed 7/5/05, Rt. I/O 7/29/05, Nonseminoma Stage IIa, Started 3XBEP 9/06/05 changed to 4XEP due to reaction from Bleomycin. Currently surveillance.

Comment

My son Chris is into his second year...and he gets blood and chest xray every two months under Sloan's directions...Mary Ellen

Comment

Working...
        X