Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update

SO my husband had his second CT Scan of that "node" that showed up on his last one and although it has not changed in size in 6 weeks they want to do a PET Scan. When will this end???
    Sarah

Sarah,

I know this has been a difficult process to go through. Hang in there we are thinking of you!

m
    Co-survivor with husband Boyce, Diagnosed 7-11-06, orchiectomy right testicle on 7-12-06- Stage 3A: Mixed germ cell tumor with inguinal seminomatous and kartotypic carcinoma. One tumor over 10 cm, second tumor 4 cm, Chemo 4xBEP: Bi-lateral RPLND Dec 2006, nerve sparing but left sterile.
    Current DVT
    Current testosterone replacement therapy, Testim.

"You must abandon the life you planned, to live the life that was meant for you" ~wisdom I have learned from my family on this forum

Comment

Sarah,
      The good news is it hasn't grown. The PET will tell what's going on. Waiting for results just plain sucks and I'm sorry you have another round to deal with. I've got fingers crossed all will be clear with the PET.
      Retired moderator. Husband, left I/O 16Dec2005, stage I seminoma with elevated b-HCG, no LVI, RTx15 (25Gy). All clear ever since.

Comment

Hey Sarah,
        Karen is right: if it hasn't changed size or shape, then there probably is nothing to worry about. The PET will bring into light whether there is any activity there. I'll be sending good vibes with the hopes that nothing lights up.
        "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
        11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
        12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

Originally posted by ssavino
          When will this end???
          Hang tough Sarah...if there's one virtue we that we all love and hate at the same time, it's PATIENCE. Everyone's staying positive for you and your hubby. We await your news with you...you're never alone!
          Maria
          *Hubby Andy diagnosed 02/13/07, Left IO 02/16/07 *Stage 1A Non-Seminoma (65% Immature Teratoma / 35% Embryonal Carcinoma) *RPLND 04/27/07 Lymph Nodes-ALL CLEAR
          *Complications from Chylous Ascites so Laparotomy 05/03/07 *No food for 10 weeks, TPN only *07/18/07 Removed drains, tubes, picc line *CT Scan 07/31/07-ALL CLEAR
          *CT Scan 02/12/08-ALL CLEAR *Hydrocele surgery 06/19/08 *CT Scan 9/30/08 and 03/06/09 shows <cm left lung nodule - under surveillance

Comment

Working...
          X