Help! Need your writing skills!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Need your writing skills!

I will be on the field at our LiveStrong event on Sunday and they have asked for a couple of sentences that they can read about me and LiveStrong over the speakers while they give me a game ball.

I need to submit in a couple of hours, so here's my draft. Get your red pens ready and don't spare my feelings. This is about getting people to ACT!

How about:

Boyce Hudson was diagnosed with cancer in July of 2006. He and his family have taken an active role with the Lance Armstrong Foundation, an organization that has helped them and thousands of others accept the diagnosis, cope with the treatment, continue the fight, and enjoy the survival. 100% of every dollar you give today will go to support research, community and survivorship programs. Special thanks to the Bulls for their incredible support and to all of you for your generosity. Live Strong!
    Stage III Non-Seminoma- 7/11/06
    Right I/O 7/12/06
    Completed 4x BEP 11/06
    Bi-Lateral RPLND (Dr. Shenifeld)- 11/27/06
    Surveillance since then

When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.
    Lance Armstrong.

Sounds Great! Simple and to the point! Good job and have fun this weekend.
    Diagnosed 5-5-05 (Stage 1 - Seminoma) / Oriechtomy 5-9-05 / Adjuvant Radiation July 2005

Comment

I think it sounds great! It's terrific what you and your wife are doing. Have a great time on Sunday.
      Krista
      Brother Diag. 10/05 Non-Sem.
      Right I/O 11/05
      Surv
      4XBEP 8/06
      RPLND 12/06
      2X VIP 1/22/07
      Only completed 1 Rd.

Comment

Excellent!
        Spouse: I/O 8/80; embryonal, seminoma, teratoma; RPLND 9/80 - no reoccurrence - HRT 8/80; bladder cancer 11/97; reoccurrence: 4X
        Son: I/O 11/04; embryonal, teratoma; VI; 3XBEP; relapse 5/08; RPLND 6/18/08 - path: mature teratoma

Comment

I'm probably too late Boyce...but it sounds perfect and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Regards to your sweet Margaret and "have a ball" this weekend. FANTASTIC WORK IN RAISING AWARENESS, HUDSON FAMILY!
          Maria
          *Hubby Andy diagnosed 02/13/07, Left IO 02/16/07 *Stage 1A Non-Seminoma (65% Immature Teratoma / 35% Embryonal Carcinoma) *RPLND 04/27/07 Lymph Nodes-ALL CLEAR
          *Complications from Chylous Ascites so Laparotomy 05/03/07 *No food for 10 weeks, TPN only *07/18/07 Removed drains, tubes, picc line *CT Scan 07/31/07-ALL CLEAR
          *CT Scan 02/12/08-ALL CLEAR *Hydrocele surgery 06/19/08 *CT Scan 9/30/08 and 03/06/09 shows <cm left lung nodule - under surveillance

Comment

excellent...

pete
            - lump first noticed 11/20/2005
            - I/O right Dec 8, 2005
            - 95% embryonal / 5% seminoma
            - normal markers PRE surgery
            - no vascular invasion, tunica free of cancer, epididymis free of cancer, lungs free, lymph free
            - Stage I diagnosis
            - surveillance
            - mid feb '06, beta hcg slightly elevated = 4.6...small enlarged lower node seen on CT scan...
            - 3BEP began feb 20, 2006
            - finished 3 BEP, last bleo, april 17, 2006
            - CT scan, blood markers, chest..all clear
            - back on surveillance

Comment

Thanks Maria,

I have a ball each and every day!
              Stage III Non-Seminoma- 7/11/06
              Right I/O 7/12/06
              Completed 4x BEP 11/06
              Bi-Lateral RPLND (Dr. Shenifeld)- 11/27/06
              Surveillance since then

When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.
              Lance Armstrong.

Comment

Working...
              X