Post traumatic stress hits kids of cancer patients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post traumatic stress hits kids of cancer patients

Something else to think about if you are/were a parent during cancer treatment. Like we don't already have enough to worry about.

If you look for the truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. ~ Tung-Shan
    If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of. ~ Bruce Lee
    Please sponsor me for the 2011 LiveSTRONG Challenge Philadelphia.
    My Blog

Diagonosed 1988. Left I/O - 3 rounds of chemo
    Relasped 1989. RPLND - 3 rounds HDC - Bone Marrow transplant.
    There is Army Strong, There is Live Strong and then there is me. Crazy Strong

Originally posted by Jay68442
    Something else to think about if you are/were a parent during cancer treatment. Like we don't already have enough to worry about.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070926/...ncer_stress_dc
    This is probably the biggest Demon I deal with. Ironically, the very thing that endears you folks to me is the fact that you're there to support my children as well. My Son commented on just how much it meant to him to have the Moses' there to support him at the Livestrong Challenge and how much all of you helped at the GBOF party (Thinks Fed is Cool - I tend to agree). Hopefully, my Daughter is too young to have had this have a debilitating effect on her. My Son, however, was at an age to be right on the firing line. I pray to God they're both OK.
    I Love My Pack!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TCLEFT
      Hopefully, my Daughter is too young to have had this have a debilitating effect on her. My Son, however, was at an age to be right on the firing line. I pray to God they're both OK.
      With kick-ass parents like you and Joann, I have no doubt in my mind that they will both come out stronger from this (and we can help whichever way we can ).
      "Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
      11.22.06 -Dx the day before Thanksgiving
      12.09.06 -Rt I/O; 100% seminoma, multifocal; Stage I-A; Surveillance; Six years out! I consider myself cured.

Comment

All of the closets to open!! This goes the other way too. Up from the children to the parents. I believe that it was fortunate that my life was fairly routine before Russell's cancer. My ability to learn new things and short term memory are at a humorously low level. I will not for a minute admit to birthdays!!! It is good exercise to walk in a pool, so hopefully it will be similar for my mind. !!??!! My boys are certainly aware of how much support this forum have offered. My belief is that it has been the safety net for more than one fall!!!! Thanks to all, Sharon
        Click here to support my LIVESTRONG Challenge with Team LOVEstrong.

Comment

Working...
        X