Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why don't any of you use the androderm patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can really tell a difference with this gel!!! it has definite stablizing powers! i thought the everyday rub down would be a pain in the arse but for sure worth it. if anyone has not tried the androgel for HRT please do. there is big difference!!
    diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

Questions

My husband is using Androgel also. He recently switched to the pump. Any preferances?
      Also, have any of you tried applying to your stomach? He has used his shoulders for about a month now but would like to use his abdomen instead.
      Now for a STRANGE question...He is saying he feels a "pounding" sensation in his neck. It feels like a heartbeat near the center of his neck. (I know having a pulse there is a good thing but this is different
      We are also curious as to what your testosterone levels are after using Androgel. (those with only one testicle) We are waiting for those results.

Comment

My husband alternates between his shoulders and stomach. He said that he got a rash on one side of his stomach so he doesn't put it there (on that side) anymore. He has no heart pounding sensation. He has had extra hair growth, not where he puts the gel but overall hair growth (unfortunately, not on his head). For a long time he didn't have much hair on his legs, now it has all come back. He goes to the urologist the end of the month and will find out about his testosterone levels, however, he has no testicles so the result will be that of the TRT. He usually runs low but he gets by with the 5 mg. He has taken it for over 25 years so we tend to be conservative. He has found that Androgel has been the best delivery system of the TRT as compared to the pills, the shots, the patch. Dianne
        Spouse: I/O 8/80; embryonal, seminoma, teratoma; RPLND 9/80 - no reoccurrence - HRT 8/80; bladder cancer 11/97; reoccurrence: 4X
        Son: I/O 11/04; embryonal, teratoma; VI; 3XBEP; relapse 5/08; RPLND 6/18/08 - path: mature teratoma

Comment

Dianne, Thanks for the reply! Sorry the TRT didn't work on his head...
          We are going to stick with the gel but we are concerned about that little heart beat thingy...
          God bless your family!

Comment

i use the gel also. i'm doing the 7.5 right now which i usually apply to the stomach and then what little is left on the hands i rub into my shoulders. i havent experienced any "heartbeat" thumpings but i do have some almost light headedness sometimes. i'm wondering if i need to back down on the dosage and try the 5. i may try this and see. i was doing injections and this is by far been more baseline level. i will go back in about 3 weeks for a testosterone check. i'm curious to see what they are on the gel! i'm convenced that whatever makes your husband feel good is what he needs to go with. if he can get by with a low dose, do it if not do whats best for him. i'm definitely experimenting myself! good luck and god bless! brian
            diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

John got his results today. He was at 277. He is going to go up to 7.5. We'll see what happens.
              Have any of you noticed that the TRT has helped you get rid of excess body fat around the waist? He is curious about this.
              He has a lot of "unique" questions so we appreciate everyones replies!!!

Comment

i gained about forty pounds in the last three years. i think back to when the weight started coming on and no matter what i did i couldnt shake it. i think this is when my cancer began and my metabolism dropped. i went into my first sugery(mar/2005) at 260 lbs(about twenty# over weight)! i started my HRT in june of '05 and didnt really see a change.there were alot of ups and downs with my levels as well. by jan 2006 i was 290 lbs. i played college football at 240 lbs and this was getting out of control. i started doing cardio at least 4 times a week for about 45 minutes to an hour( i never was couch potato...very active in sports and outside activities!!) and since jan i have lost about 15-20 lbs and alot of excess fat. one thing i noticed more than the weight gain was the loss of muscle tone especially in my thighs and waist. but i hope i have it under control for now. i think this androgel will help even more!!!!i know i have to do it ...now! i hope this helps!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎