Can you help me on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help me on this?

Because i won't see my onco before august i've tried to speak with another doctor who said to me that i can't take androgel or anything else because i got cancer and had chemo. I have a loss in my libido and i want to do something about it. Is it true that i can't take anything?

Thank you
    Eric

Stage 1 seminoma in august 2001
    with invaded spermatic chord and treated with RT
    Relapse november 2005, 4 BEP and now back to surveillance

Without sounding like a know-it-all your doctor is WRONG. I bet there are 50 people one this forum who have had chemo, RPLND, salvage chemo, stem cell transplants and are on one form or another of testosterone replacement. Find a new doctor.
    Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

I agree with dadmo that your doctor is misinformed. You should find an endocrinologist.
      Scott, [email protected]
      right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Thank you guys for all the good information that you give to us, you seem to know a lot about TC. Now we can call you doctor Dadmo and doctor Scott.
        Eric

Stage 1 seminoma in august 2001
        with invaded spermatic chord and treated with RT
        Relapse november 2005, 4 BEP and now back to surveillance

Comment

I'm just glad we could help.
          Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Seriously, though, you can't call us "Doctor." How about just "friend"?
            Scott, [email protected]
            right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

what a quack!! i just don't understand some of these doctors. my docs were so ademate about HRT and then you hear about yours not wanting it. i guess its just lack of knowledge. very disturbing. makes me wonder how many are out there that aren't getting it and are suffering daily. but yes see someone else and you definitly can use HRT. it will surely change things for you! best of luck!
              diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

Working...
              X