Androgel and travel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Androgel and travel.

I was wondering, with all the flight restrictions going on, can we take gels on tp planes as carry-on luggage? I would like to keep my androgel with me when I fly because I have had my luggage lost too many times. Is this a problem or would a simple note from the doctor do the trick?

There's an exception made for "prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger's ticket," according to information at this link.
    Scott, [email protected]
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

"You are not limited in the amount or volume of these items you may bring in your carry-on baggage. BUT if the medically necessary items exceed 3 ounces or are not contained in a one-quart, zip-top plastic bag, you MUST declare to one of our Security Officers at the checkpoint for further inspection"
      I would call the airport that you are going out of to make sure that they don't have a problem with it. My luck the only airport that didn't get the new notice would be the one I flew out of good luck
      Brian
      5-1-2006 Right IO - Stage 1 Nonseminoma Embryonal and Yolk sac - Surveillance Baby on the way Born 7-20-07

Comment

I see you are in Canada, what we posted won't do you much good unless they follow our rules I would call the airport you are flying out of and if you are going to the USA then take only what you will need then you won't be out a lot if they make you toss it.
        Brian
        5-1-2006 Right IO - Stage 1 Nonseminoma Embryonal and Yolk sac - Surveillance Baby on the way Born 7-20-07

Comment

I fly all the time for work and will be flying Monday, when I'm going to attempt to do carry-on only, including my Testim. I've always cut off the prescrition label from the Testim box and brought it with the gel in a plastic bag.

My plan Monday is to have it separate from my other toiletries and hand it to the security screener.

My understanding is the U.S. and Canada worked together on lifting the gel/liquid ban, so the new rules should be generally the same. I'd check the Air Canada Web site or the government's Web site.

I don't think the airport phone operator would be much help. At least the ones at US airports aren't. American airports no longer handle security; the U.S. government does. I don't know how it works in Canada.
          Right I/0 March 30, 2005
          Left I/O April 20, 2005
          Embryonal carcinoma, teratocarcinoma
          Surveillance since May 19, 2005

Comment

Working...
          X