A serious question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A serious question

First I want to thank you all for your answers to my first questions.
    My next question is a personal one and a seroius one, I am guessing that some people may not take this site or issues serious enough, but I do:
    my question is to the people who has had testical cancer twice, " I was told by my doctor that the majority of fluid that is ejeculated during sex is produced by the prostate and also that there is no difference in the enjoyment of it "so the question is: how is sex after having both testicals removed? Once again, this is a serious question and I hope that I am not violating any rules by asking it.

TrustHim
    [SIZE=4]...

Hello Trusthim,

I lost both my testicles nineteen years ago because of TC. It was a simultaeous occurrence so was really rare. At the time, I was told there was less than 200 reported cases.

I can assure you that given the person is on Testosterone therapy, not only is sex possible, but also ejaculation remains as it was before.

The guys who do suffer ejaculation problems are those who have a non nerve sparing RPLND. This can lead to reverse ejaculation, which means the ejaculate remains in the body.

Contrary to your suspicions, It has been my experience that this forum takes matters seiously.

I hope this helps

Nick
    Publisher/Editor
    The Testosterone Deficiency Centre
    www.androids.org.uk

Associate Editor
    The Testicular Cancer Resource Center
    tcrc.acor.org

Director and writer
    A Ball Dropped
    https://vimeo.com/70509556

Comment

Hi Trushim

I have lost both my testicles too, and like Nick I have no problems eveything

is the same as before so don`t worry.
      Last edited by kurt Hansen; 01-23-07, 01:15 PM.
      Best wishes
      Kurt

2 x tc.
      Right 1984 pure seminoma stage 1 20 x radiation
      Left 2004 pure seminoma stage 1 surveillance.

Comment

Dito!!! No problems here. As long as your TRT is normal, things should function as always, if not better!!
        diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

Have you guys had your progesterone levels checked?
          It is a hormone produced in the testes and also in the adrenal glands wich aparently is regulated via LH.
          Aged 23 ;; 09/06 left I/O ;; Markers normal ;; 100% Seminoma Stage 1. ;; 10x8x16mm & 7x7x8mm ;; rete testis invasion. ;; no vascular invasion. ;; surveillance. ;; HRT.

Comment

I'm going Monday for a follow up with the endo. This will be my first set of labs since the androgel was started! I'm very curious!
            diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

I dont think the endo is gonna care about progesterone, but if you can ask for it, would be interesting to see if its in range.
              Hopefully the Adrenals can compensate, but I guess the results will reflect LH levels, in other words, low LH would probly mean low DHEA and Progesterone.
              Aged 23 ;; 09/06 left I/O ;; Markers normal ;; 100% Seminoma Stage 1. ;; 10x8x16mm & 7x7x8mm ;; rete testis invasion. ;; no vascular invasion. ;; surveillance. ;; HRT.

Comment

The Adrenal gland contributes a tiny amount of Testosterone.

Nick
                Publisher/Editor
                The Testosterone Deficiency Centre
                www.androids.org.uk

Associate Editor
                The Testicular Cancer Resource Center
                tcrc.acor.org

Director and writer
                A Ball Dropped
                https://vimeo.com/70509556

Comment

Yea, through DHEA wich gets converted to testosterone, but I dont know if the adrenals would produce DHEA with an LH/FSH at 0, not that TRT completly supresses LH/FSH, but to decrease it to subnormal levels would probly decrease the other hormones to subnormal levels.

Comment

So everything is exacly the same if not better with TRT for you bilateral guys?
                    I mean nothing compromised such as sensation or endurance, really?

Comment

I have had no problems what so ever.
                      I just had labs done yesterday at the endo, so I'm very curiuos for the results.

Comment

I wasnt asking about problems, but rather quality compared to before diagnosis?
                        I am probly more curious then you.
                        Did you get the labs done before your next injection or after your injection, did you get E2 and FSH tested?

Comment

The endo only did three test. My T -445, LH -0.1 and the nurse couldn't find the results of the other which was I think FSH. Maybe I'll know today? He said the others were not needed. They did the test about 10:00 in the morning. Any thoughts?

Comment

Expected the endo says the other tests are not needed.
                            You need to push for those tests.
                            Last edited by Michael112; 01-31-07, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that everything is normal or better then before on Testosterone alone, especially with a level in the 400s.
                              On other boards a lot of people are having libido issues on Testosterone alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X