Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headaches & tiredness??

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this site and from what i've read so far is the most helpful information i've read. My Husband was diagnosed with stage 2 TC Dec 06 and since then has completed 3 cycles of BEP chemo. We're now waiting for his next scan to confirm if all is ok or if he needs surgery.

Since completing chemo (mth ago) i've noticed his energy levels have got worse than when he was on chemo. He feels like he wants to sleep alot and doesn't have energy to do any of the hobbies he used to do prior to chemo. He also complains of having headaches most days, this last weekend he had a headache behind his right eye from Friday to Sunday evening. Could these symptoms be caused by low testosterone??

Thanks
    Mina

sure. Check the level of

1. Serum Testosterone
    2. LH
    3. FSH
    4. Prolactin
    5. Thyroid

Normal levels of testosterone fall between 250 and 800 nanograms of testosterone per deciliter of blood.
    2005-03
    Stage III EC 85% + Sem 15%
    AFP=2.6; HCG=10, 20,28 and rising
    FULL CAT scan:
    -abdominal lymph clear
    -subpleural lungs metastasis [bipulmonary lesions with diam <= 1cm]
    4 x BEP changed to 3 x BEP at my request
    from 2005-05....Surveillance

Comment

SHBG should also be checked.
      Aged 23 ;; 09/06 left I/O ;; Markers normal ;; 100% Seminoma Stage 1. ;; 10x8x16mm & 7x7x8mm ;; rete testis invasion. ;; no vascular invasion. ;; surveillance. ;; HRT.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianB1971
        sure. Check the level of

1. Serum Testosterone
        2. LH
        3. FSH
        4. Prolactin
        5. Thyroid

Normal levels of testosterone fall between 250 and 800 nanograms of testosterone per deciliter of blood.
        There is some debate on the numbers you cite per the 2002 AACE guidelines. What they currently suggest is that numbers under 325 indicate treatment and anything under 400 (depending on age and symptoms) is at least debatable.

The old under 250 stuff is (My opinion) bad stuff. This is only normal if your 120 years old. And having been at 313 and feeling like crap... Life got a LOT better after I got treated.

Comment

I believe there is more to it then just morning TT levels, I was at 550 and feeling terrible.

You need to put bioavailable T and E2 and LH/FSH into the equation. TT(Total testosterone) does not mean much at all.
          Aged 23 ;; 09/06 left I/O ;; Markers normal ;; 100% Seminoma Stage 1. ;; 10x8x16mm & 7x7x8mm ;; rete testis invasion. ;; no vascular invasion. ;; surveillance. ;; HRT.

Comment

Working...
          X