going to the endo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going to the endo

i have an appointment schedule for the 30th of this month with an endo. does anyone have any thoughts about what to expect? i'm really unsure what to expect and the results of what he may find. it's almost like waiting for the nurse to call back with my tumor marker results!! alot of uncertainty. any help? thanks, brian
    diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Hi Brian:

I'm not entirely sure, but I would expect blood work, hopefully a full hormonal workup, FSH, LH, testosterone, estrogen and maybe thyroid hormones, etc. I'm actually thinking of abandoning my urologist for an endo as I can't seem to shake the hot flashes and mood swings. Maybe I'll wait and see how your appoint goes. So keep us posted.

Good Luck!

Jim
    Fish
    TC1
    Right I/O 4/22/1988
    RPLND 6/20/1988
    TC2
    Left I/O 9/17/2003
    Surveillance

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will; to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

thanks fish, i'll keep you posted!!!
      diagnosed 01/15/2005 bi-lateral seminoma stage IIa,4cm lymph node, right I/O & partial left I/O mar/2005, 18 days of radiation, remaining left I/O- aug/2005, surveillance, Wife did IVF oct/2005, DAD OF BABY GIRL born 08-02-2006!!! testosterone implants May 2008

Comment

My husband loves his endo, easiest appointment, just a blood test. He's on androgel and 5mgs wasnt enough so he's on 7.5 now. Wouldnt have known that without the endo so definitely go! You can still keep your urologist and have the endo "on the side" Increased dosage of androgel completely eliminated the hot flashes and slight muscle weakness....My only fear is if the endo ups him to 10mgs - I'll be running the other way!!!!

Comment

thanks stacey! if the 10 mg ever comes , may need to get a new pair of running shoes!!! lol anyway, i fortunately have not expierenced hot flashes but definitely muscle loss and fatigue. extra weight gain has been a problem also but i'm back to exercising 5-6 days a week and it seems to really help with my energy levels. i hope i'll get back on track soon. since all this started a year ago yesterday i have put on about 30 lbs and its been hard to come off which usually isn't a problem with me. I'll be sure to keep you posted as to the results. thanks again, Brian.

Comment

Hi
            I had the same problem as you, I gained almost 10 lbs but as soon I started
            using hormon injections I lost them again, I have now been using gel and I have put maby 4 lbs on again so now I`m wondering if it has to do with that
            change.
            I was in the hospital 2 weeks ago and my doctor told me that there had been a test were some people got hormone injections and some got saltwater injections, they all have to follow a strickt exersice program , only the ones who got hormones lost wait, the others put on wait even thoug they worked out like crazy. sorry about my bad english
            Best wishes
            Kurt

2 x tc.
            Right 1984 pure seminoma stage 1 20 x radiation
            Left 2004 pure seminoma stage 1 surveillance.

Comment

Hey, we're ALL experiencing weight gain!!! I would love to attribute it to other things, but my only excuse is a slowing metabolism!!! Anyway, the muscle loss, muscle weakness and fatigue will definitely diminish if not go away completely with the replacement therapy. Sign up for that Muscle Mag subscription and good luck to you!!!

Comment

yeah i know what you mean. i played college football and when you pack on muscle at age 18-22, its great and 10 years later when you can't keep up, it has to go somewhere. but i'm getting there...i hope! my appt for the 30th is having to be rescheduled and i hope sooner than later but will know today...i cant wait to go! thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
                X