CyberKnife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyberKnife

I have heard alot of people talk about the cyberknife procedure and have posted the following link if anybody is interested in seeing a procedure done with it. THe website is www.or-live.com and the direct link is
    http://www.or-live.com/overlook/1286/ CLick on the view live webcast button. Its not live though, is eas recorded a whicle ago. At any rate they are using it to treat an inoperable spinal tumor.

Cyberknife was developed at Stanford University and has approximately 30 lcoations throughout the United States. It was originally used to treat brain tumors by using a direct beam of radiation at the tumor versus wide range radiation. With the direct beam radiation, the healthy cells around the tumor do not get any of the radiation, versus wide range radiation where both the tumor and the healthy cells get radiated. It was used on organs, ie the brain, that do not move in the body.

Recently, the found a way to use the Cyberknife procedure on organs that move, ie the lungs. It's amazing technology and it works wonder.

My husband had the Cyberknife procedure done on a 5 inch tumor in his right lung (choriocarsinoma) and it is now a dead mass. FYI, this is not standard protocol for testicular cancer and some folks may think it might not be a permanent cure. One way to see it is if you have a tumor(s), they can be cyberknifed, then you can start chemo (if needed). Also, if you're at the point where you aren't under standard protocol for testicular cancer, you try anything that has a possibility of working.

If you have questions, please let me know.
    Wife of Kevin Murphy
    Diagnosed 7/16/04 100% Choriocarcinoma
    Oriechtomy 7/20/04
    4xBEP 8/04-11/04 BHCG:1200 (lung only)
    Rediagnosed 12/27/04 BHCG: 50
    1xVIP 1/05 (lung)
    HDC/Stem cell Indiana 2/05-4/05 BHCG: 51-4.5 (lung)
    HDC failure 5/05
    3xGemzar/Taxol 6/05-9/05 (lung only)
    VP-16 w/Avastin 9/05-1/06 (lung only)
    Cyberknife 5" lung tumor 2/06
    cyberknife 6 brain tumors 3/06
    1xOxaliplatnin 3/06 (liver, lungs, kidneys, left hip)
    Passed away 4/13/2006

Comment

Working...
    X