Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

21 year old, just got my pathology report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 year old, just got my pathology report.

Hello, I was recently diagnose with testicular cancer, my left side testicle was removed and they did some ct scan and told me it didn't spread, I received the pathology report, and it says I have Teratoma and Yolk Sac (endodermal sinus) tumor. 70% Yolk Sac and 30% mature teratoma. I'm just trying to understand the report because I'm freaking out, I always though of my self as been mentally strong but this couple of days I feel extremely down, maybe because my family has always had a clean record in health extremely clean and this is totally unexpected.

The report says that Invasion was negative for angiolymphatic, tunica albuginea, epididymis or spermatic cord invasion (pT1),
    Tumor necrosis: positive
    Tumor border: pushing.
    Intratesticular in-site germ cell neoplasia: positive.
    No lymph nodes received (pNX).
    Stage Ia(pT1)

My urology told me that my tumor markers were high prior the removed of the testicle and he took my blood 2 weeks after so he can check if they return to normal, Do they return to normal in most cases, what chance do I have that they will return to normal ?

I live in Orlando, Florida. I have family in NY should I contact the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in NY, I don't have insurance is that a problem ?

Any help is appreciated. I have not seen and oncologist yet will make an appointment this monday.

Welcome, Ongiii! Testicular cancer is nearly always cured. You caught yours early, and you're going to be fine. It's very likely that your markers (elevated by the yolk sac tumor) will return to normal now that the tumor has been removed. There's roughly a 70% chance that you have already been cured by the orchiectomy. Assuming your markers do return to normal, your options are surveillance -- monthly check-ups to be sure there's still no sign of spread -- or retroperitoneal lymph node dissection (RPLND) surgery.
    Scott, [email protected]
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Working...
    X