Lymph Node glands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lymph Node glands

Hi there new member here, I was diagnosed on 20/05/05 with NonSeminoma Stage III with plumonary metastasis. I had left Orchidectomy on 12/06/05 and 3 cycles of BEP which was completed on 29/09/05, after that I had a CT scan and a PET scan and everything was normal. Now I have my checkups every 2 months with bloodtests and CT scan once in 6 months. I had my last scan last month and my doctor told me that theres a gland on my Lymph node less than 1cm, he said that nothing to worry since my blood tests are all normal, I just want to know is there anyone else who has been in the same situation and is there anything to worry abt this
    Last edited by Kevin; 06-20-06, 07:14 AM. Reason: Mistakes

Welcome, Kevin. Was there any teratoma in your pathology report?
    Scott, [email protected]
    right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Welcome Kevin, after chemo my son still had enlarged lymph nodes....and had to have surgery...it was teratoma and had to come out...but as Scott asks, he did have teratoma in his original path report...so we kind of knew after chemo he would require surgery....Mary Ellen

Comment

Hi Scott and chris, mom

There was nothing abt any teratoma in my pathology report I just checked

Comment

Kevin:
          It is possible that the original pathology missed the teratoma. As the doc said don't worry too much just keep a close eye on it. Don't miss any of your followups.
          Son Jason diagnosed 4/30/04, stage III. Right I/O 4/30/04. Graduated College 5/13/04. 4XEP 6/7/04 - 8/13/04. Full open RPLND 10/13/04. All Clear since.

Treated by Dr. Rakowski of Midland Park, NJ. Visited Sloan Kettering for protocol advice. RPLND done at Sloan Kettering.

Comment

Thanx 4 the reply everyone, I dont think its possible 4 the teratoma to be missed in my report then again U never know, I'm goin 4 all my checkups regularly, its just that during my BEP x 3 , I went through it well and I was not scared , but when he told me abt the glands in the Lymph nodes I'm a bit worried dont know why. Guess the only thing I can do rite now is to be careful and c.

Comment

One more thing guys my worst fear is that will I be needing RPLND

Comment

For now, I guess we're just waiting for your next CT scan.
                Scott, [email protected]
                right inguinal orchiectomy 6/5/2003 > nonseminoma, stage I > surveillance > L-RPLND 6/24/2005 for recurrence, suspected teratoma but found seminoma, stage II > chylous ascites until 9/2005 > surveillance and "all clear" since

Your donation funds Livestrong services for people facing cancer now. Please sponsor my ride!

Comment

Thats goin to happen in another 6 months so I have to wait till then

Comment

Working...
                  X